Reload this Page >

Cirque du Soleil In Orlando

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 10:27 PM
Cathie

My daughter has been wanting to see this show since she moved to the Orlando area. I would like to get her tickets as a surprise for her birthday. Can anyone tell me prices or anything about his show? Are there better seats than others and how do you go about ordering the tickets when you know nothing about seating arrangements?
Thanks.

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 04:02 AM
Olive Oyl

Cathie, Think we've had this conversation before, yes? Here is their web address: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/ticket/index.html.

Here's a cut and paste from that page:

TWO SHOWS DAILY
Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays: 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Sundays 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Dark Tuesdays and Wednesdays

TICKETS
Adults: US $67.00 (plus 6% tax)
Children (3 to 9 years old): US $ 39.00 (plus 6% tax)

Reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance by calling (407) 939-7600

If you go to the web address above, there is a link on that page which takes you to a detailed seating chart. Can't ask for very much more!

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 02:13 PM
D

I was just there the beginning of June and I don't think there was a bad seat in the house. No obstructed views - plus a lot of the show takes place in the air above the stage, high wire acts and other stuff I can't even begin to describe - just amazing. So don't worry about not being able to see everything. About an 1 and 45 minutes of non-stop action for $71. I would go again in an instant.

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 04:20 PM
gl

I agree: not a bad seat in the house. an absolutely wonderful show. Worth the money. good for 16 years and above. She'll enjoy it.

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Celeste

I live in Orlando and didn't want to pay that price, so I looked on Ebay for a couple of weeks and found two tickets for half price. The show and seats were good. It might be worth checking out the auctions if you'd like to save the price of a ticket!

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Dana

Oh my Gosh, go go go! I saw the show just a couple of weeks ago and I was blown away. It was my first Cirque experience and it will not be the last. We reserved our seats at about 1pm for the 9:30 show and while we were way up there, we still had a great view.

Have fun!!

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 09:19 PM
Cathie

Thanks Olive Oyl for your patience. Had some info at one time in my save file to refer back to when her birthday came up in July and one of those nasty virus bugs infected our computer so when we took it in they had to uninstall everything and reinstall it and somehow, in the process, they managed to lose all my email....you have covered everything that I needed to know. Thanks so much.

Thanks to everyone else for your comments and advice. I know she will be so thrilled when I give her the tickets.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 07:25 AM
Olive Oyl

No problem Cathie. I thought this sounded too much like the original to be a different person. Glad you have the info you need again. It's a wonderful birthday present--she'll love it!

Wouldn't it be fun to buy a ticket for yourself in the seat next to hers, then keep that as a surprise too? Don't know how far you live, it might not be feasible...but with the 20% fare sales, who knows!! Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Betsy

Cathie - you can also get the tickets through a company called Kissimmee Guest Services their number is 888-343-9225. The adult rate is $67.00 and the childs rate is $39.00. I am a travel agent and I have used them many times for my clients.