Reload this Page >

Chritmas in NY and Conn.

Search

Chritmas in NY and Conn.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 01:10 PM
Rachel

Chritmas in NY and Conn.

Hi I am going to be in Conn. and NY over the Christmas holidays and was looking for some advice. I like to antique and vintage store shop plus I love the Theatre. I believe I will be attending the Christmas spectacular in NY at Radio City Music Hall but are there any other shows that you could reccomend? Plus, general things to do in the city not so much big tourist things though. Looking for a really great Italian restaurant as well. Thanks

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 06:07 AM
xx

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 11:35 AM
JB

Rachel,

A few Italian restaurants I can recommend from recent visits: Po (on Cornelia Street - very tiny and sometimes loud - great food, and although I've never had it, the people next to us were having the chef's tasting menu and it looked really great).

Also, Lupa (170 Sullivan? or Thompson?, between Bleecker and W. Houston) - Mario Batali's Roman trattoria, with delicious food and a pretty lively (though tiny) bar. They have good cocktails with Italian liqueurs. If you're reserving ahead of time, I'd ask for a table in the front room.

And finally, Il Buco (Bond and Lafayette) - fabulous grilled octopus, fresh sardines, and delicious cheese course. It was very noisy the last time I was there because they were having an engagement party, but very festive!

Enjoy your trip,

JB

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 09:15 PM
roni

Hi Rachael,
I'm a New Yorker, and I have to say I spent Xmas Eve in Manhattan only 3 times in my life, and believe me, there's no other experience like it in the world. Walking around Rockefeller Center, with the lights glimmering everywhere, and the atmosphere is just so incredibly festive, you'll absolutely love it to death. As far as restaurants go, If you're looking for good good Italin, Little italy is the place to go, but its a distance from Rockefeller center, which is where you probably want to be centrally located. But whatever restaurant you choose, make sure you have a reservation well in advance. Good luck. I'm actually gonna be going again this year, I can't wait.

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 04:28 AM
howard

There's an excellent (though a little pricey) Italian restaurant in the Rockefeller Center area--Remi, on West 53rd Street, between 6th & 7th Avenues. Highly recommended.
As for theater, the holiday season is a busy one. What type of shows are you looking for?

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 07:35 AM
rachel

Thank you to those who replied to my questions but I would also like to know about things to do in Conn. I will be staying around Hartford and Norwalk. I am going to be in NY and Conn. between Dec. 16 and January 1 any ideas of must sees and do are very welcome. Thank you again to those who already answered.