Christmas Day in NY

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Mimi

Christmas Day in NY

What is open? I seem to remember the Rockettes have a show. Is Broadway? My husband and I will be there for the day, and need to get a hotel, and want to see a little bit of NY. I would be happy to walk around the city all day.
Will the carriages be running in Central Park? What restaurants?
Broadway?

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Keith

I was in NYC on Christmas Day one year.

Stopped by the ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center then went across to St. Patricks Cathedral and enjoyed the last half of one of the Christmas Day Mass.

Had lunch at one of the hotels (almost all restaurants are closed) and then saw the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular.

A nice day all the way arond, and the only time I ever parked for free in New York City. (the streets weren't full)

Keith

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:57 PM
klam

Spent Christmas week in NYC last year. Had a GREAT time. Figure out where you want to eat and make reservations.

Of course many are closed but still a lot were open. There was a special atmosphere dining out that night. A lot of larger groups too, so it was pretty easy to snag a table for 2.

We found most of what we wanted to see on Broadway "dark" that night. Have fun.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 01:19 PM
mimi

Do you remember the restaurant you ate in? I am dreading my phone bill as i start to call around.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 03:57 PM
suzanne

Many of my friends go out to a Chinese restaurant on Christmas, then to the movies (a Jewish tradition?). There's not much more open than that!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Pat

you may want to try opentable.com for restaurant reservations.Although some restaurants won't take reservations now for 12/25...it will list restaurants that are open...