Reload this Page >

Chicago Where to stay

Search

Chicago Where to stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 1997, 02:48 PM
Patricia Artigas

Chicago Where to stay

for 5 night the begin of September. Has anyone hear of McCornick Place. Is there anywhere thatīs decent for less than $100?
Thanks

Old Aug 23rd, 1997, 09:00 AM
Patricia Artigas

Iīm planning to visit Chicago with a friend for 5 night the begin of September.
Is there anywhere thatīs decent for less than $150? Thanks

Old Aug 25th, 1997, 07:08 PM
Joan

Depends on how adventuresome you are. The Arlington House which is described in Fodor's is a student hostel; however, you don't have to be a student to stay there. They have private rooms w/private bath and a key to the room for $44/night (1996 prices). Don't expect any frills because there are none. However, it is safe and located in Lincoln Park which permits tourists the freedom to walk around relatively late at night. In comparison the Motel 6 is $90/night.

Old Sep 19th, 1997, 07:03 AM
TECH

Here's a place NOT to stay: the Blackstone Hotel has beautiful public areas, but the service is really poor and the rooms are dilapidated and look like they haven't been refurbished since the place was built (1910 I think). We had trouble with reservations, check-in, smoking vs non-smoking rooms, receiving messages, getting washcloths--you name it. I heard that the Sheraton, while a bit more expensive, is much nicer.

Old Sep 19th, 1997, 08:05 AM
Joan

Patrica, I just recalled that we checked out another place that is listed in the Fodor's Chicago book. Sorry I don't have that book available to me right now and my memory is horrible about the name but it was a hotel that started with something like Sum...?? Anyway, the rooms in fall of 1996 were from $79 to $99 in a night. It would be a place that I think would appeal especially to women because it had antiques and lots of white bedspreads etc. The hall floors creaked of an old hotel when you walked across them. It was also located in the Lincoln Park area which we felt very comfortable walking in well after dark. However, I was with my husband and that "may" have made a difference but maybe not. If you can't find it, and are interested, let me know and I'll look it up for you. Chicago is our FAVORITE of cities so far.

Old Sep 19th, 1997, 09:26 AM
Anne Beer

I stayed at the Regal Knickerbocker with other women a couple of years ago. The location is great--the hotel is old and charming. Our rooms were great for women traveling together, because they had two bathrooms. You can read about the hotel under Fodor's Hotel Finder.