Chicago weather in June

Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Chicago weather in June

Can anyone tell me what to expect from the Chicago weather in early June? My husband and I are planning a trip -none of us have been to Chicago before.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:23 AM

Take a sweatshirt or sweater and a lightweight coat or jacket. Some of the very best weather is in June - 70s, gorgeous blue skies, perfect summer days. But hey - we're talking Chicago - so it could also be a bit cool. It could also be 90 - not likely. But it happens. In other words...be prepared. One good thing about June - typically it's not yet very humid. Oh - and take an umbrella of course (another just-in-case that likely could come in handy).
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:43 AM

The weather will hopefully be in the 70s/80s -- a far cry from today's 40s! Bring a sweater, light jacket and umbrella just in case.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 12:28 PM

I had a friend in once from L.A., over Memorial Day weekend, and had to lend her a winter coat as it was in the 30's! Early June is truly a crapshoot. Last year, we didn't feel warmth until July. This year's spring has been awfully cool in the city. I would plan on bringing layers in case it dips down into the 40's. The lake effect is huge -- since the water is in the low 50's during that time, when the wind's off the lake it can be very chilly.

Old May 2nd, 2003, 06:04 PM

It's a great month to visit. I'll bet you'll have beautiful weather. Bring a sweater and a light raincoat just in case.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:11 PM

I live on the east side of the lake but our weather is relatively similar.

It's beautiful in June but a fair amount of thunderstorms. There's always wind. Some years we bake. Most years it's temperate. I'd pack light-weight layers since it can be hot outside but freezing inside the air conditioned exhibits.

How long will you be staying and where are you coming in from?

~ Sheryl