Search

Chicago Theater

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:10 AM
mary

Chicago Theater

We will be in Chicago this weekend and would like recommendations on plays other have seen and enjoyed. We are in our late 40's and enjoy theater, comedy, and jazz. I understand Koko Taylor (blues) is playing HOB, anyone seen her show? Would appreciate any and all suggestions, even what not to see. Thank you. Mary

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Pat

Koko had a heart attack about two or three weeks ago. I don't know if she is back to performing yet. Give HOB a call. (She's fantastic.)
Give Second City a try. For music, call both Jazz Showcase and Andy's.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 07:33 AM
mary

Thank you, Pat, for the information. Has anyone seen "Coppenhagen"? Did you like it?

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Pat

Mary: I was seriously thinking of seeing "Coppenhagen", until I heard that Mariette Hartley was the star - maybe bitchy of me, but all I think of is her selling Eddie Z blinds.
There was another thread just last week that was looking for the same thing you are - search for: Chicago Fun! Cab $$$???

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 10:32 AM
mary

Thank you again Pat! I called the HOB and Koko Taylor is still on for Friday night. Also read the "Chicago Fun" thread. We've been to several clubs mentioned, but not the Jazz Showcase. Will look to see who is there this weekend. Someone in another thread mentioned they enjoyed "Tony and Tina's Wedding", any opinions on that? Thanks again! Mary