chicago friend re-union

Oct 5th, 2000, 07:59 PM
jill

chicago friend re-union

I am meeting an very special friend from childhood in Chicago on a Sunday for her 38th birthday. I want to bring her somewhere really nice for dinner. Its just the girls, so I am looking for a nice bistro good people watching sort of place. We are staying at the Drake downtown. Thank you! Also, if anyone knows of anything special going on in Chicago this w/e that might be fun to go do or see that would be great too!

Oct 6th, 2000, 03:50 AM
topper

jill,

Taking to the top...hope someone can assist.

Oct 6th, 2000, 05:39 AM
Kris

Hi Jill. The Chicago Film Festival is in town this weekend, go to www.chicagofilmfestival.com or call 312-332-film for more info. The Museum of Science and Industry is having a Harvest Festival, go to www.msichicago.org for more info. Navy Pier is starting its Halloween festivities this weekend, go to www.navypier.com for more info. There might be a hot tix booth for 1/2 price theatre tickets on Michigan Avenue at the Pumping Station. I think they're renovating the building though so ask at the front desk of your hotel.

If none of those ideas are up your alley, try www.metromix.com for more ideas, it's got listings for all of the activities in the city plus restaurants.

It's going to be cold this weekend, highs in the 40's, lows in the 20's, so bring some warm clothes if you plan on wandering outside.

I can't be of much help on bistros, for a fun place to go, I'd recommend Cafe Iberico for Spanish tapas. It's on LaSalle St which is not too far from Michigan Avenue. It gets pretty crowded on the weekends, plan on waiting if you go after 6:00 or so.

Oct 6th, 2000, 06:16 AM
marilyn

Brasserie Jo at 59 W. Hubbard 312-595-0800 is a very nice bistro. Good buzz, festive, nice mix of people, traditional bistro menu. Part of the Lettuce Entertain You empire, and named for owner-chef Jean Joho, who is also the chef at Everest. Mon Ami Gabi, at 2300 N. Lincoln Park West, is also nice, but you could walk to Brasserie Jo if the weather is nice.

Oct 6th, 2000, 06:20 AM
Kris

Jill, if you want to check out Hot Tix, go to www.theaterchicago.com. There's a link to hot tix and you can see what shows you might be able to get.

If you want to check oout the menu for Brasserie Jo or any of the other Lettuce Entertain You restaurants, go to www.leye.com.