Reload this Page >

Chicago - Fairmont - Sofitel - NEW Embassy Suite

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:17 PM
tmn

I have done my homework, researched reviews, and can't make up my mind! I'm getting great rates at all of the above but The Sofitel is still over $350 per night, Embassy Suites $169 and Fairmont $300 (all suites for 4 adults)

Any recommendations?

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:29 PM
xxx

It all depends on what you plan to do and how much you want to spend. The hotels you mention are all in different locations. If those were my choices, I would choose the Embassy Suites. It is a nice hotel and from what it sounds like half the price.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:49 PM
xxx

300 is too much for those hotels. Use priceline.com and bid low!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Chris

If you insist on having a suite, I would definitely choose the fairmont, which is swathed with luxurious amenities. Even the regular rooms are large and comfortable with marble everythings in the bathrooms. I can only imagine what i suite would be like. However, if u are ok with a regular room, just go with priceline.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Howard

I've stayed in the 1BR suites at the Fairmont several times. These are very large rooms with a nice dining room, living room, bedroom, all separate.
During most times of the year $300 for a true suite there is a very competitve rate.
You won't get any suites bidding thru priceline.com, so ignore comments from people like "xxx".
The Fairmont is a better hotel than the ES, of course, but if you don't need the luxury and amenities, ES works just fine.
I will say I've looked at the rooms at the ES (only about 4 blocks from the F) and was very unimpressed. This is one cold, sterile hotel both inside and out. Rooms look to be very "Comfort Inn quality". OK for the right price, though (under $150).
Haven't been to the Sofitel, but I've never been to a really nice Sofitel in any town, and I know all the good hotels in Chicago.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 12:38 PM
tmn

thank you all for your advise, I do need a suite, which is why the prices are so high and why I'm not going to Priceline - it's also a very busy weekend for Chicago - The Fairmont is a 2 bedroom suite and is being offered to me for $319 - i think this is the way I am going to go! Thanx for all of your input - I'll let everyone know how it was, if interested.