Search

Chicago at Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:22 AM
BE
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago at Christmas

I am bringing my mother to Chicago Christmas week for a few days to see the sights and shop. Does anyone have any advise on must see or do's? Also, need feedback on LeMeridien.
Thanks
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 05:16 AM

Hiya! I don't live in Chicago anymore, but Christmas is my second favorite time of the year after summer. The city may be cold, but it is quite festive. There is so much you could see and do, it just depends on what you like.

I would say definitely have a drink at the top of the Hancock Building, have a little retail therapy along Michigan Avenue and see the Joffrey Ballet perform the Nutcracker if you can. My sister and I did it every year before I moved to England.

Also, if you don't mind the chill take a stroll through Lincoln Park Zoo to see the zoo lights festival. Don't miss the Art Institute or the Field Museum if you have the time.

Let us know what kinds of things you like seeing and doing and you should get an overwhelming response to your post.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 07:34 AM

Chicagal:

Are the shops on Broadway carrying their Christmas ornamnets decorations yet? We try to make it to Chicago about once a month, so we may be there in early Nov. Thanks!

BE-have a good time! I second the suggestion for the Lincoln Park Lightshow. It's very nice, free and easy to get to.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 07:38 AM

Wow, with such wonderful suggestions I will only add that you might want to see the exhibit on Jackie Kennedy: The White House Years at the Field Museum while you're in town. You can and should buy tickets online before you come at www.fieldmuseum.org
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 03:12 AM

Chicgal:

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like a visit is in order.

Katie