Chicago Airport shuttle

Search

Chicago Airport shuttle

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago Airport shuttle

We're planning a trip to Chicago next September. The downtown hotels I've checked out don't say anything about a shuttle from O'Hare airport. We aren't renting a car. Can anyone help me out, please?
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM

There aren't any hotel shuttles that I'm aware of that go from O'Hare to downtown. How many people in your party and how many pieces of luggage per person? Two of us traveled to the Hilton Hotel and Towers and it was as economical to take a taxi as it was to travel by shuttle service.
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM

Look into the subway too. Depends on amount of luggage
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 05:42 PM

A cab from ORD to any of the hotels in The Loop or N Michigan Avenue area will run around $50 depending on the time of day. If you sit in traffic, obviously it will cost more.

The airport shuttle is operated by Go Airport Express. www.goairportexpresschicago.com. It's $27 for one-way plus taxes. They have discounts if you have 3 or more people.

The CTA Blue Line will take you to The Loop for $2.25. The trip takes about 60-minutes. If you purchase a day pass, it will be less. A 1-day pass is available in the O'Hare Hilton for $5.00. A 3-day pass is $14 and available from the vending machine at the rail station. The passes are valid on all CTA trains and buses. A "day" is 24-hours from the first use.

To reach the trains, just follow the signs that say "CTA Trains to City" on the baggage level of the domestic terminals. The station at Clark/Lake has escalators and elevators. Most hotels are a short walk or cab ride from there.

You can also purchases passes online, find maps, a trip planner and complete transit info a www.transitchicago.com.
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 11:49 AM

I remember taking a shuttle in Chicago. Did not make reservations, just walked out and took the first one going to downtown, no waiting.

Go to the airport website, find "ground transportation" - this is where the shuttle info should be. But depending on how many are in "WE" a taxi may be even cheaper!
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 02:16 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
The train is cheap, fast and easy. You won't be stuck sitting in traffic.