Reload this Page >

cheaper san francisco hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:08 PM
Allan

I'm travelling from Australia later this year on my own and am looking for cheaper accommodation(hopefully no more than $85 a night plus taxes for a room with private amenities). I've done a search on this forum and from what I've read hotels on Lombard street are in a good and safe area. A couple I am looking at are the 'comfort inn by the bay' and maybe the 'Star motel'. Can any one advise if either of these are a good choice; the comfort inn website advises that the hotel is close enough to walk to fishermans whalf etc( is this correct). Any other suggestions welcome.
Thanks Allan

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:17 AM
mare

Both your choices are decent, clean establishments and a long (1/2 mile) walk to the Wharf area.

Your best bet is www.columbusmotorinn.com which may post some internet special rates as soon as summer is over. Cartwright Hotel is another favorite of many.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 09:36 AM
cece

Use Priceline. You can get 3 star hotels in Fisherman's Wharf for $45 or for $60 or so in Union Square.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Allan

Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention I'm not driving into SF, and am not particularly looking for a place of which facilitates parking, so if anyone else has any further suggestion please respond. I mentioned the Star Motel as a previous poster a while ago advised that it is set back off the street a little ,and therefore may be a bit quiter than some of the others on Lombard St. Mare, I had a look at the Columbus and it looks good(thanks) .The weekend I'm staying is Halloween (I will be staying from sat 2nd Nov for 3 nights). I read in a travel guide that this weekend is a busy one for accommodation and considering this, should I book early?

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Betsy

Here's another recommendation for Priceline. There're some great PL deals for good hotels in SF. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com and scroll down to hotels. Find
the California section, then SF hotels and read about the rates others have recently gotten. The moderators at BFT will help you construct a bid if you ask. I'm in no way associated with either site--I'm a satisfied PL customer.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 05:58 PM
mt-x

Maybe try travelodge. I saw one near Fisherman's Wharf. I don't know how reasonable it is considering it's near the wharf.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 08:36 PM
L

For a college feild trip, we stayed at The Plantation Inn at 3100 Webster St. It is a good location but cheap room. Pool not fit to swim in as you will see upon arrival. We were the only noisy ones. Four to a room for $16 each.