cheap hotel near disney

Sep 22nd, 1999, 01:02 PM
david

cheap hotel near disney

Looking for a cheap chaim motel (25-40) a night near disney ( no more than 4 miles) would apreciate any and all help.

Sep 22nd, 1999, 03:10 PM
Sue

Hi David

We have just come back from Orlando. We didnt stay within 4 miles of Disney as we were on International Drive, however we didnt have any problem getting a cheap hotel or getting to Disney via free bus shuttles from the hotel(if thats your concern). Most hotels were offering rooms at $39.95 per night. The best deal we had was with Rodeway Inn. They were fully booked but they referred us to the sister hotel Omni ????( which is usually $180+)and we stayed there for 39.95. It was great.

Sep 22nd, 1999, 08:47 PM
Holly

I came across a site that has excellent discounts on hotel accomodations. The site is hosted by the Kissimmee St.Cloud Visitors Bureau. Go to the discounts section and you can find some good deals on hotels.
www.floridakiss.com

Sep 23rd, 1999, 09:38 AM
Diane

When in Orlando recently, I went to a grocery store (chain called "Goodies" I believe) that has counters selling discounted tickets to Disney, Universal, etc. It looked like a pretty good deal unless you've set up something ahead of time that saves you from the frightening costs at the gates!

Sep 23rd, 1999, 01:51 PM
kristi

Definitely look at Kissimmee. The most recent issue of Frommer's Budget Travel has an article on Kissimmee and how cheap it is to stay there. We stayed there both times we went-very short drive to Disney and other attractions. We also found very reasonable restaurants on the main street through Kissimmee. I don't know if its still there, but Olive Garden had a fabulous breakfast buffet that suppressed out appetite for most of the day so we didn't have to eat expensive Disney food.

Sep 23rd, 1999, 02:06 PM
Jeff

Try this web site:
http://www.disneyinfo.com/discounts/discounts.shtml