Reload this Page >

Cheap Hotel in Manhattan PLEASE!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Nina

Hi Guys, this is Nina. I have a job interview in Manhattan that will last three days. I live in Binghamton, so I will have to stay over. Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE recommend a cheap hotel near 5th Ave. and 30th Street. I have 3 weeks to search. Thanks!!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 12:00 PM
marj

You can probably get a good deal doing priceline for midtown south (covers your area). some possibilities you can check out are thirty thirty and marcel, both very near 30th & 5th.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 12:07 PM
marj

Some more moderate hotels in that area are: clarion park avenue and Gershwin hotel.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 04:45 AM
yyy

Try www.avalonny.com

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Katherine

Hi Nina
When I go to New York, I stay at the Habitat Hotel. It is on West 57th street between Park and Lexington. I know that is not close to where you want to be but...it is incredibly inexpensive. You can either have a room with a bathroom or go European style and go down the hall. I like staying there because of the location. They have a website, I think it is www.habitathotel.com but if not you can book online. If you book with Expedia (which is how I usually book) you can get their internet rate. Good luck with your interview.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Jason

I stayed at the Best Western President, and recommend it. However it is not near 5th and 30th. More like 7th and 48th I think. But taking a subway down to 5th and 30th is easy (10 minutes or less). I think if you stay anywhere in midtown Manhattan you will be convenient to the interview. Besides, the BW President is near Times Square, which has a lot more to offer for a tourist than 5th and 30th.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Nina

Thanks Guys!!! The Gershwin is offering 2 nights for $99, with the 3rd night free. Kathy, do you think that the Habitat Hotel is cheaper?? I am really looking for the cheapest hotel. I will be interviewing and in seminars all day long so I will only be sleeping and showering in my hotel room. I only live a few hours from Manhattan, and go in about 6 times a year, so Im really not interested in "tourist" things to do. Thanks for the hints anyway. You guys are so nice!!!!!

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Katherine

Nina I dont think so but call maybe they can cut you a deal. I like staying at the Habitat because I only come to NY to go shopping and see the special exhibitions at the museums. The Four Seasons is a couple of blocks away. For me its just a nicer part of town.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 05:08 AM
xxx

The Quality Hotel at 30th St. and Lexington Avenue would be a fine place to stay. Moderate hotel, nothing fancy, but decent rates.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Seamus

I really like the Marcel at 3rd & E 24th - clean and modern rooms/baths, great ambience, good prices, friendly and efficient staff, and 24 hour cappucino in the lobby!. Sounds like it would meet your needs quite nicely.