Reload this Page >

Chateau Morrissette, Virginia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2004, 11:30 AM
bonniebroad

If you live near this wonderful winery and restaurant, do yourself a favor and GO! It is located in Meadows of Dan, just north of the North Carolina line. It is a gorgeous place, wonderful wines, and food to die for!

Will be interested to hear if anyone else on this Board has visited there. I went there for both my birthday and anniversary last year, though it's a three hour drive one way for us!. It's that great.........

Old Apr 18th, 2004, 06:09 PM
bonniebroad

Bumping for the night crew!

Old Apr 19th, 2004, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even if you don't care for the wine, it is worth the trip for the food and the beautiful timberframe building that houses the winery. All summer they have music festivals one weekend a month. It's wonderful to sit on the hillside and enjoy the wine and the scenery. I don't know the schedule for this year, but I know they have a website. The music events are called Black Dog Jazz festivals.
Old Apr 19th, 2004, 05:55 AM
bonniebroad

Carla, the *Dog Blue* is my favorite wine there. After we drink the wine, we use the gorgeous blue bottles with Baby's Breath (like they do in the restaurant) to decorate the dining room. And every dish I've sampled there, mine and everyone else's in our party...;-).............. YUMMY!!!

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The website for the winery is chateaumorrisette.com. The jazz festivals are the second Saturday of the month (except for August)beginning in June and ending in October. Chilled Blue Dog is perfect for a picnic, and you have a pretty blue bottle as a souvenier.