Reload this Page >

Charleston Help!! Ghost tours...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:13 PM
rae410

I'm planning a trip to Charleston in 2 weeks and would like to know the best ghost walk to take--I've heard about several--one was featured on the History Channel, though I can't remember the name. I know that one is supposed to be much better than the others, so any help you can give would be great. Also, any other info about dining and shopping would be useful! Thanks.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:29 PM
aaa

ttt

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:18 PM
Carol

Check out the site:

www.charleston.net

You can look at the Tips for Tourists link and it will give you all of the info regarding tours, restaurants, etc.

I, personally, haven't been on the ghost tour, but will check with my son who has been on several of them with out-of-town friends. Will post back to you once I speak to him.

Know you'll just love Charleston...

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:34 AM
caroline

Just got back from Charleston a few weeks ago & went on a great ghost tour. Don't remember the name of the company, but they meet at a small restaurant across the street from the Vendue Inn. They have 3 nightly tours & we went on the last one which started at 9:00 & lasted until 11:00. Our guide was great & told us that the 9:00 tours last longer & they have more info & sights to show us because the earlier tours have to be back sooner for the next group & they don't last as long. Our guide was really into it & studies history at the College of Charleston, so he was very informative. Okay, I just remembered the name of the tour group, "Charleston's Best Ghost Tour". They have been featured on the History Channel, HGTV, TLC & many other programs. Check them out & have fun!

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Eva

In Sept. we'll be in Charleston and it is my first trip there. I don't know anything about ghost tours.... can someone explain what they are about (ghosts, obviously, but what kind and what else ?!). Is this something "we should not miss" ? We have about 3 days.
Thanks.