Search

Charleston Dinner

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 09:22 AM
Robert Frank

Charleston Dinner

I have one day and evening with my wife to spend in Charleston. I'm thinking a carriage tour and a romantic dinner. Any help would be great.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 11:01 AM
elaine

Robert,

My husband and I were in Charleston 5/00. You may want to consider "Peninsula Grill" for a romantic dinner. The restaurant may have a website.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 11:43 AM
Ess

I second the Peninsula Grill. We had a wonderful dinner there a couple of years ago while we were in Charleston. Yesterday the NY Sunday Times travel section gave it a good review, too. I was glad to know it's still there as I want to go back! Yummy!

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 11:54 AM
Julie

I think the carriage tour would be great - it is the fastest way to see and learn about the historic district of Charleston. I have a vacation home in Charleston and we have eaten at many exceptional restaurants.
I would recommend:

Magnolias
Slightly North of Broad
Fulton Five
Ansons
High Cotton
and the Peninsula Grill is very good.

Have a great time!~

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 12:57 PM
Jason

I was in Charleston last year. We ate at Magnolias, and it was outstanding. I would highly recommend it. Don't forget to make reservations, though. It was very busy the night we were there.