Reload this Page >

Charleston: Days Inn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Kim

My husband and I are thinking of staying at the Days Inn Historic District in Oct. for our 1st anniversary because all of the B&B's seem to be so expensive. We want to stay within the Historic District.Anyone stayed at the Days Inn before? Anyone have any other good (inexpensive)ideas?

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 03:24 AM
Donna F

We stayed there in Oct 1997. It was fine, nothing special. The location is great and we walked everywhere. I think part of the B&B experience is talking with your hosts and/or other travelers and exchanging info. I enjoy this but I've also been to a B&B where the breakfast wasn't so great and neither was the conversation. If you're on a budget, this is a good choice. We enjoyed a carriage ride, that's a good splurge.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 05:07 AM
cheri

Try the Hampton Inn Historic. It's about the same price but much nicer. It is a starred recommendation by Fodors and Frommers. Apparently it is decorated much better than the typical Hampton Inns. I looked at the pictures on www.placestostay.com and it looks lovely. Breakfast is also included. Give it a look.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 06:34 AM
arjay

As noted, the Days Inn isn't "special" in its decor, etc. but when we stayed there a year and a half ago, I thought it was nicer than a typical DI and nicer that I'd expected. We found the location to be just ideal. About a block and a half away is a restaurant called Mistral.....french, neighborhoody, highly recommended. Good luck to you!

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 08:02 PM
dembody

You may want to try the Courtyard downtown. It isn't your typical Courtyard by Marriott. It is very lovely and it is right by a beautiful marina. Be sure to ask for a riverview room.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 08:42 AM
lisa

A friend stayed there last fall. He said that except for the location he would not recommend the hotel.