Reload this Page >

character breakfast for my son

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 12:40 PM
nil

As we are visiting disneyland Florida for my son's birthday, we would like to surprise him with a character meal. Any idea how to organize it? Do we have to book in advance? How to go about it?
thanks

Old May 16th, 2002, 12:48 PM
S

Yes, you have to book in advance. You need to pick up the phone immediately and make the reservation! The dates, times and locations go QUICKLY. My trip was a present to my daughters from their grandparents, so my mother had her travel agent make all the arrangements. I think it was part of the ticket package.

Old May 16th, 2002, 12:48 PM
xxx

The Disneyland website might have some info. Good Luck

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:22 PM
FYI

Before you surf the net for Disneyland, please note that Disneyland is in Anaheim, CA. The park in Florida is called "Disneyworld".

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Ralph

For $100 I'll appear at your hotel room @ 7am dressed like Cruella DeVille -- Fruit Loops, banana and milk in hand.

Old May 16th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Leslie

There's a Disney Board (not operated by WDW) that has all the answers to your questions. I was reading the other day that in order to attend the Cinderella breakfast at the castle, that you need to call 60 days out from the date that you want to attend, and you need to actually synchronize your watch to the US Maritime site -- I'm not joking. You need to call at 6:58:30 am, as there are 75 reservationists taking only 85 reservations. I think the other character breakfasts might be easier to get to. The people that were telling the tales sounded almost maniacal. By the way, one of the hints that was given was to call the number earlier than what I previous mentioned, so that you have the telephone number preprogrammed into your phone, so that you can push the redial button. I'm so glad I don't have children. All the stories made me cringe. Oh, and you'll need to do a search to find the correct web site. Good luck.

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Gail

Go to www.disboards.com The people there will tell you just how to arrange it.

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:20 PM
deb

Disboards.com is the forum section of wdwinfo.com. They are must-check sites for anyone planning any Disney-related travel (theme park, cruise, whatever). Also check www.mousesavers.com for tips on how to save money.

You didn't say how old your son is, but if he is young enough to enjoy the Magic Kingdom, I'd suggest you have a character LUNCH, at the Crystal Palace. It is much easier to get reservations there than for the breakfast mentioned above, and it makes for a nice air-conditioned, sit-down break in the middle of the day. The characters there are Tigger, Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore. My kids loved it.

Tip: You will be given a time to arrive when you make your reservation. We got there a little early but hung around outside until our time, then approached the window with the staffers to say were there. We were given a number at that point and had to wait until we were called, about 1/2 hour more. So as soon as you arrive, get in the line to go in, to get your number as soon as possible!

If you are staying at an on-site hotel, check whether your hotel offers a character breakfast. That's a nice advantage to staying on-site.

Good luck!

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Tigger

Crystal Palace for breakfast is one of the best.