Reload this Page >

CHAMPAGNE BRUNCHES - ORLANDO

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:43 AM
Helen

Can anyone tell me any hotels on International Drive that do a champagne brunch and any info e.g. cost, unlimited champers etc, booking in advance

Thanks

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:26 AM
sam

There is a GOOD one at LaQuinta in the Grand Cypress hotel. Not on I-drive, but close. It is unique because the buffet is set up in the kitchen. The first course is buffet style, and then for the entree, you go in the kitchen and order from the chefs.

The food is excellent. For the first course you get shellfish, fish, cheese, sushi, salads, breads, etc. Then the entrees are like duck, mahi, etc. Eat as much as you like.

It is also all you can drink champagne. Sorry, but I cannot remember the price. I do not think that it is cheap. Have fun.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:07 AM
helen

Thanks Sam - I'll give it a try

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:23 AM
OliveOyl

I believe Sam is talking about La Coquina restaurant in Hyatt Grand Cypress, not La Quinta restaurant.

I've done the brunch and it is *really* good.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:04 AM
Helen

How much did you pay Olive???

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Brian McLaughlin

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/dining/review.asp?r=876

Excellent Sunday Brunch at "The Renaissance Orlando Resort" - $29 for a truly gourmet day. Unlimited champagne, huge choice, lovely atmosphere. Read the review. 5 adults & 2 kids were there Sept 2001, and will return this year. Not on International Drive, but a mere 5/10 mins by car.
Brian (Sunny Scotland - home of golf)

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Travis

The Grand Cypress is by far the best in Orlando, and I have been to many! It costs $50/head, but if your going to do it, this is the place. My girlfriend and I do it a few times a year because it is awesome but expensive at the same time.

Old May 13th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Patty

Another vote for brunch at the Hyatt Grand Cypress. They have unlimited cooked to order entrees like scallops, lamb chops, sea bass... one of the best Sunday brunches anywhere not just in Orlando.

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Postal

My family and I go to the Renaissance Resort across from Sea World at least twice a year and we're never disappointed. Yes, several people think the Grand Cypress is better, but it's also almost twice the price and I didn't think it was worth the extra money. The Renaissance buffet is truly a great deal, with excellent food.