Reload this Page >

Celebrating our 40th Birthdays

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:21 PM
cj

We are a group of college friends from the North looking for a fun place to celebrate our 40th birthdays this April (2002). Would like to remain in the U.S. and would like a relatively warm climate with a water setting (beach/lake/island). We would like to travel somewhere with a fun night life (sports bar, dancing) that is safe for a group of single women. We are planning this as a long weekend, so travel itineraries need to be simplistic. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 09:24 PM
jill

Keep me posted....I am in the same boat and looking for a great way to ring this bday in!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:27 PM
xx

Coming from the Northwest or Northeast?

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 02:05 AM
Cindy

How about Key West?

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 08:07 AM
garyt

CJ - I second the nomination for Key West! Fly into Miami on a Friday during the day and rent yourselves some hot convertibles...next stop a one night stay at South Beach for your happy hour, dancing and ocean side dinner... Sleep in on Saturday, and leave after 11am heading down Rt 1 right to Key West(you will be there by 2). Just in time for afternoon cocktails and check in (try the Marquesa Hotel, The Gardens, or any number of B&B's in Old Town.

Next comes a walk to Mallory Square for Sunset or a sunset Catamaran cruise, followed by dinner and drinks (Louies,Marquesa, or you pick it) followed by a stroll down Duval for some shopping and a nightcap at the HogsBreath, Sloppy Joes or any one of 30 clubs.

Sunday morning brings Breakfast at the Blue Heaven and another day in Paradise... If it's a long weekend, you check out late on Monday and everyone is back out of Miami Airport by 6pm...

I will be down there in April on Vacation looking for a group of 40ish partiers...if I find you...I'll buy your group a Birthday Drink!!!

Have Fun and remember...a woman at 40 is like a fine aged wine, slightly pretentious, with a history of experience... as long as the cork doesn't dry out...

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 10:54 AM
cj

Most of the 40th Birthday girls are traveling from the Midwest. I really liked Gary's itinerary and advice for turning 40! Keep the ideas coming... Thanks!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 10:56 AM
xxx

You can't go wrong with a birthday celebration in New Orleans. What a blast for a party town!