Search

catalina island

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 02:39 PM
kyle

catalina island

what would you recommend renting for transportation (wheelchair bound). Golfcart the best choice. How much does it cost to rent? Interested in snorkeling and nature center and kayaking, will a golf cart get us there fast enough for a day trip? thnks

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 12:44 PM
gail

Catalina's main attractions are mostly close enough to walk (or wheel).I am not sure what the current prices are for carts,you might not even need one, but you can look them up on a Catalina web site. The old number I have for Cartopia Golf Cart Rentals is (310)510-2493.There is a cart rental very close to where you disembark the ferry.
The nature center (Wrigley) is up the hill a bit and would be little bit more of a little more of a challenge (for time) without a cart.The wooden walkway to Lover's cove for snorkeling washed away many years ago, but where the concrete ends, the pavement road begins. Since there are not many cars it is not a problem.Lover's Cove is not as acessible as it is a (small) rocky are too manuever to get to the water.Have fun!

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 02:32 PM
Mike Nelson

I cannot recommend Catalina, because of all the capers committed there recently. Stay away from Catalina! Also watch out for creepy girls.

I suggest the Wisconsin Dells.

Mike

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 04:26 PM
Jim

I'm not sure what the last responder is referring to or what he's on. Catalina can definitely be done in a day. First, there are no automobiles, so the golf cart is your only option. I don't know the costs. Everything is close, just like a little village. The golf cart will be a great convenience and definitely take a drive behind the houses past the country club for a spectacular view.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 04:33 PM
Thyra

Hi kyle,
Try the link below for more specific information. I found a lot of useful info.(general and specific) though this website.
I am a little unclear as to where you want your golf cart to get you? I do remember that as a child our family rented a golf cart and we were able to cover quite a lot of territory.
Enjoy your trip.
http://www.catalina.com