Castle Valley Inn, Moab

Search

Castle Valley Inn, Moab

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Castle Valley Inn, Moab

Interested in staying at Castle Valley Inn, Moab but I have never see any posts on it. Has anyone stayed there or have any information?
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 12:29 AM

Brandessa,

I had never heard of Moab before tonight, but in searching for a half marathon to do in late October, I discovered Moab, and it truly looks like a fascinating place.

While I am not familiar with the Castle Valley Inn, I did come across another place that may or may not interest you. It is the Sorrel River Ranch, and it looks like a great resort and has had some very positive reviews here on Fodors.

Have you been to Moab before, and if so, what do you think? Besides the half marathon, I would like to do some horseback riding and possibly even some white water rafting if it is worthwhile to do in late October.

Good luck.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 03:11 AM

I do not know about Castle Valley Inn but do not stay in the Twin Owls Hotel. The pictures in the web looked OK but reality was different. Moab is wonderful!
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:21 AM

Stayed at Castle Valley Inn a few years back.It is located in Castleton a few miles out of Moab.Very peaceful setting.Great hot tub for soaking in under the stars.Would go back if I was in the area.
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Hi Roccco

Yes, I originally looked at Sorrel River Ranch and like the idea that it is
a AAA 4 diamond property. When I looked closer at the website, however, the cabins appear to be right on top of each other in a row. It does not look as though you would have any privacy sitting outside whereas Castle Valley is spread out and more private.

xxx30 - Thanks for your response. I orginally planned on staying there a few years ago, then needed to postpone my vacation. I have been to Moab several years ago and stayed at a hotel downtown. This trip I am looking for a quiet "homelike" property where I can enjoy the outdoor scenery vs buildings and concrete. I plan on having dinner in town. Do you have a guess how far it is drivetime?
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 09:49 AM

Hi Brandessa,

It's about a half hour drive into Moab from Castle Valley.

If you enjoy B&B's, I highly recommend the Dreamkeeper Inn. It's very homey, excellent breakfasts, lovely owners. big shady backyard with a pool and hot tub. Only 6 rooms. 2 blocks off Main Street in Moab so within easy walking distance to everything. they have a web site, check it out.
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Dayle

After learning of the half hour drive to Moab from Castle Valley, I began to check out other options closer to town. Although a half hour doesn't sound like much, it does add up to three hours a day when going to town for beakfast, exploring, and dinner.

I did check out the Dreamkeeper Inn, but it's booked when I will be there.
I checked AAA tourbook and found Sunflower Hill B&B with availability. Are you also familiar with it?

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:50 PM

Hi again Brandessa,

I have not stayed at the Sunflower myself, but heard good things about it from a couple I met while staying at another B&B (The Novel House) in Springdale. I know it's a bit more $$ than the Dreamkeeper, but it's supposed to be very nice. I'm not sure of their exact location in relation to Main St. Moab. But, again, Moab is a small place.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 10:40 AM

Couple weeks ago we stayed in Best Western Canyonlands which is right in the middle of Moab. It was the best motel we have stayed in. It had large rooms and it was the cleanest and most attractive motel that I've experienced. They were installing WiFi when we there so it probably is available now as well.

Moab is a great place, we enjoyed our 3 day stay.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 04:21 PM

I totally agree with Tsutomu - we stayed at Best Western Canyonlands last Aug. and it was fantastic. Great location (right in town), large rooms (we're a family of 5), nice comp. breakfast to eat indoors or by the pool, etc. Also rates seemed reasonable compared to other hotels. I would definitely recommend it.

We only spent 1 night there and really wish we had had more time - oh well, something to plan in the future!