Search

Cass Hotel??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Melanie

Cass Hotel??

I read one message from someone that was not happy with the Cass Hotel - does anyone else have any experience with this hotel? Is it that bad?

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 07:27 PM
Melanie

I forgot to say the Cass Hotel in downtown Chicago.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 02:32 PM
buttercup

I might have written the post you mentioned. About five years ago, my husband and I made reservations. We were going to meet there (he was in Chicago earlier than me on business). I met him in the nasty-looking lobby, where he told me he had checked in, took one look at the room, and checked out.

At the time, our daughter was about six months old. He told me he couldn't imagine putting her on the floor or bed (even on top of her own blanket) because both the carpet and bedding were so stained. Yuck!

Keep in mind, in our college days, we stayed at some scuzzy places, but according to my husband, none compared to the Cass. They were cheaper than anything else in the area - that should have been our clue.

Again, this was five years ago. They may have cleaned up thier act.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:02 PM
sg

I think Cass is a transient hotel.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:13 AM
J in Miami

Cass Hotel IS a transient hotel and they will not let you know that if you call. Don't even consider it. If you want cheaper accomodations in the area try the Best Western or Red Roof Inn. These at least are clean and run between $99 - $115 a night.