Carlyle Suites

Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:19 PM
Laurie

Carlyle Suites

We want to book a suite with kitchenette for 2 adults 2 teens. Has anyone stayed at the Carlyle Suites near Dupont Circle.? Also, what does "run-of-the-house" mean in terms of accomodation?

Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:20 PM
Laurie

Carlyle Suites is in D.C.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:51 PM
xxx3

"Run of the house" generally means potluck, you get whatever is available when you check in. Not what you should sign up for if you want any specific acocomodations, rooms, or beds.

I haven't stayed there, but have had good luck with the Embassy Suites in Crystal City (I hear that the ES in Alexandria is very handy to the Metro) and with the Best Western New Hampshire Suites in Foggy Bottom, which was less elegant and less breakfast when compared to the ES, but a good value for the money.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:38 PM
Chris

My wife and I booked rooms at the Carlyle Suites back in 90............so its been awhile. We had a nice room, and were lucky to get it as there was a convention in town on top of a political action group that didn't want to vacate their rooms. It wasn't swanky, but we had a nice-sized king room with kitchenette. To be honest, we called around the next day and booked much nicer rooms at the Henley Park. The Henley Park has some nice suites and the Hotel Lombardy on Pennsylvania does too, with full kitchens!

Mar 22nd, 2002, 06:31 PM
Harriett

I stayed there last March, and will be staying there again in April. It's a great location, reasonable prices ($129/night during Cherry Blossom Festival), and rooms vary from dark and cramped to bright and spacious, although the furnishings leave a bit to be desired-- clean, just dated. But if you're looking for convenient budget accommodations this is it. We love the Dupont Circle neighborhood, but also like it because they actually welcome pets, so we can take our boxer with us - saving the cost of the kennel as well! I've learned to request an upper-floor corner room when booking, so you might try that.