Reload this Page >

Caribbean Beach at WDW..help!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 05:57 AM
kara

Hi, Going on a trip with my husband (no kids) to Disney for a couple of days. Ended up at Caribbean Beach Resort due to good price and no availablity under $350 at the deluxe resorts. (Wilderness Lodge, Yacht/Beach Club, etc). Any info on this resort, best rooms to get, romantic spots or suggestions? Thanks Kara

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 09:31 AM
Barbara

This could be a wonderful property colorful, food good, but I was not thrilled. Pick a building away from the food court, Aruba.. lack of kids. Try to get a corner room more window space and a water view. It is moderate resort just keep that in mind rooms can be worn. It was ok. Enjoyed Dixie Landings better

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 05:28 AM
madgad

We really enjoyed Caribbean Beach when we went a few years ago, in large part because of its size. Some of the other Disney hotels are more compact, meaning that you really can feel the crowding. We found we could actually relax here, something that is often impossible in other parts of he packed Disney empire. This is the oldest "moderate" Disney resort, but we found it very nice. Don't plan on eating there if you can help it, though. The hotel has (had?) a collection of fast-food type offerings that were okay but expensive. Since you are grown-ups, you may want to go to plan to eat out in the parks, in Kissimmee or at Downtown Disney.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Cindy

I stayed there two summers ago. The previous posters gave good advice. I'll just add that I thought the food situation at Caribbean Beach was not great. The food court is too small and chaotic to feed everyone who wants to eat there at peak times. That left people to take the shuttle elsewhere to eat -- difficult if you have young kids who need to eat right then.

To get around this, you might consider renting a car, which is what we did. Yes, Disney has a good transport system. But we were plenty happy to be able to go to a restaurant outside Disney when we wanted to.

Have fun!

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 06:39 AM
Anon

We stayed there last year and I was really disappointed with the room. It was less than basic and was a glorified motel. Door opened to the outside,and no balcony of any type. The layout was confusing, especially if you were trying to get back to your building from food court in the dark.

There is a sit down restaurant in the food court, and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, seems it was Captain something, but anyhow their food was excellent.

As far as romantic goes, I don't see anything romantic about WDW.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 10:02 AM
kara

Thanks for the help. We will be renting a car. Anyone have a favorite restaurant list they'd like to share?? Disney restaurants or in Orlando...
Thanks, Kara

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 11:28 AM
ilisa

Some of our favorite restaurants are Restaurant Akershus at the Norway pavilion in Epcot, Restaurant Marrakesh at the Moroccan paviliion in Epcot, and Spoodles on the Boardwalk.