Reload this Page >

Resort/Cruise Destinations Worldwide

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 08:04 AM
GetawayDestinations.com

Are you tired of browsing endless search engine results? Would you like to visit a destination before you actually go? Visit www.GetawayDestinations.com for categorized listings of resort and cruise destinations worldwide. Find useful travel information, facts and even view live images from webcams.

The Getaway Team

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 04:04 AM
noname

Our forums are a place for travelers to talk to travelers -- you can ask questions, get advice, or share great stories from your trips. But please, no rudeness and NO ADVERTISING.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 03:23 PM
webmaster

I'm sorry if we have offended you. Getaway Destinations is an internet directory of travel related information and not a commercial site. If we were selling something to our visitors, I would definately have to agree with you. This posting was simply intended to let fellow travelers know where they can find helpful travel information and not as an advertisement. Hopefully a simple visit to our site will ease any misconception you may have about us.

Thank you for your input,
Bruce Clement

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 04:43 PM
Spam Monger

So what you're telling us, Bruce, is that you derive no revenues from diverting the readers of Fodor's to your site? You have no advertising revenues and get no 'click revenues'?
I allowed myself to be suckered into checking just so I could call you on your blatant deception. True, you're not selling anything. But you're getting paid by the visitor.
That makes your post advertising plain and simple.
Get lost.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 06:25 PM
Bruce

To: Spam Monger

Since this is a public forum I'll keep this brief as I'm unsure of your motive for slamming sites who are simply trying to help out others.

If you visited our site to find out whether we were "Advertising" you would have noticed two separate types of banners. The first is from sitetracker.com who provide us with site traffic reports in exchange for placement of their banner. The second type is a link exchange banner which is displayed as a "trade" for displaying our banner on other sites. This should be self explanatory as many sites on the internet utilize this type of resource.

We DO NOT receive any type of revenue from our visitors. Not from clicks nor impressions.

If you truly were out to serve the public by preventing slamming, I would have hoped you would have realized this after visiting our site.

Bruce Clement
[email protected]

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 08:11 PM
Spam Monger

My original contention/question holds, Bruce.
Tell me you receive no financial benefits from diverting Fodor's readers to your site and I'll retract.
Both of your statements still imply that you receive revenues from proving to advertisers that you have solid traffic. That is, you get paid by diverting people there. Are you trying to tell us that you pay to maintain your site out of the goodness of your heart and you receive NOTHING for it? If so, please explain how/why you do this.

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 06:23 AM
Bruce

To: Stampout

I look forward to your retraction as this seems the least you can do for my response efforts

As stated previously, we DO NOT receive any revenues from visitors/traffic to our site as they are link exchanges pure and simple. Currently all maintenance costs for the site are paid for "out of the goodness of our hearts". The reasons; we love it, I enjoy working on the site, we enjoy meeting and helping other fellow travelers. Probably much the same reasoning as why you feel it necessary to spend time corresponding with me.

I hope this finally clears things up. When and if our site ever gets to the point we actually earn income and quit our day jobs, I promise I won't post any more messages.

Take care,
Bruce

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 07:06 AM
Spam Monger

Honorable Mr. Clement:
If what you say is true, I respectfully withdraw any criticism I've posed. If what you say is true, I commend you for your willingness/interst in assisting 'Joe traveller'.
The skeptic in me says, well, there's still an ulterior motive, that is, if you build your site you can then sell it, reap financial rewards from your current efforts.
Regardless, if you simply want to offer important travel info/forums, I commend you. Mr. Monger.

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 04:45 PM
money 4 spam

I'll give you BOTH some money to stop polluting this forum with your little schoolyard argument. Cut it out.