Search

Captiva Island ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 08:18 PM
Debbie

Captiva Island ???

Has anyone stayed at the South Seas resort in Captiva in recent months? If so, can you tell me about your experience? I heard some bad things and I am concerned because I am booked for a week at the end of August. Will the weather be terrible that time of year? I hope not, it's the only time I can take my vacation! Thanks for any help

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 05:40 PM
Larry

South Seas Resort is great. August is hot, but you're 3 miles off the coast on an island with breezes and the Gulf water will be heavenly. You'll love it. But compare prices. If you rent directly from the resort you'll pay more than necessary. Check out www.captivavacation.com for a great private rental right on the beach at the resort.

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 04:15 AM
scram

And here's Larry again, pushing his house. Please note the house on the site Larry mentions just happens to be his own. Let's cut the ads, huh?

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 06:41 AM
Lori

I'm wishing that Larry would consider selling the unit. It seems to be a full time job for him just advertising it here on Fodors. He could be enjoying the island breezes and heavenly water on Captiva, but he's pushing the rental every day. Bummer.

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 11:19 AM
Larry

Now I see the nastiness that many have complained about. This is the first time I happened to see your negative response (I must assume there were others)as I rarely visit this site.

I felt I was offering pertinent information relating to the question and one could choose to use or ignore my response. My current reply should be valuable for one planning a trip to the resort in question.

If you had such a problem all along, why not contact me directly by my e-mail address - I never hid behind a phony address as I've seen quite often. But don't worry, I'll not return to this site.