Search

Capitol Hill Suites

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2001, 09:38 PM
Mary Jardin

Capitol Hill Suites

We have made reservations at the Capitol Hill Suites in Washington DC. This hotel is located in the SE area of Washington DC, just one block from the Dupont Circle Metro and is next-door to the Library of Congress. Does anyone know whether this is a good and safe area to stay in? Thanks for any information.

Old May 7th, 2001, 08:29 AM
directionally

isn't dupont circle metro in NW DC?

you may be talking about Captiol South metro stop?
not too bad an area but do not go much further so from the hotel.
Le Bon cafe is a nice place for an early morning snack.

Old May 7th, 2001, 08:51 AM
L

This is a perfectly safe part of the Hill. But to be on the safe side, stay between Garfiled Park on F Street and Pa. Ave., and you may certainly walk in safety in that area. The Metro Station is Capitol South, located at First Street SE and D Street. Restaurants are on Pa. Avenue between 2nd Street and 4th Street, but they are without exception, very so-so. Get a Zagat's and check out other places to eat. Better places in NW, a short subway ride away. Ciao

Old May 7th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Mary Jardin

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I was mistaken when I wrote Dupont Circle Metro--it should have been the Capitol South Metro just as you thought. Do you know anything about the Capitol Hill Suites?

Old May 7th, 2001, 12:24 PM
L

No, don't know anything about the suites. But I imagine it's nice. I lived in that neighborhood at one time ... it's nice, and certainly convenient. You'll be near the James Madison Building (of the Library). Do look at a Zagat's for restaurants ... the ones on Cap. Hill (1st Street, and Pa. Ave.) are not that great. There are nice places on 7th Street NW (such as Jaleo and Cafe Atlantico). You will be right there for the Orange and Blue lines. For terrific viewnamese, Orange to Clarendon. For Old Town Alexandria, orange or vlue to yell, yellow to King Street station. Decent restuarants on King Street. Also DuPont Circle area and Adams-Morgan.

Old May 7th, 2001, 01:41 PM
kal

Hello MJ,
We will be back in DC over the week of July 4th and were able to get the Metro Marriott at 12th and H St for $99/night.

We've stayed there 3-4 times before and enjoy the hotel and the location.

We've been to Le Bon a few times at the suggestion of DC frineds and it's a good people watching area.

While your hotel is in a "good" area, we always enjoyed the Marriott location. If not that one, we've stayed at the Key Bridge Marriott in Rosslyn/Arlington across the Potomac from Georgetown. Metro stop a few short blocks away.

Mahalo,
Kal

Old May 7th, 2001, 07:50 PM
mary jardin

Kal:

How did you get a rate of only $99 at the Marriott? I just checked on the internet, and the lowest rate they had was $259 from June 5 to June 8.