Reload this Page >

Cape May - any suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2000, 09:45 AM
Annette

I am looking for some recommendations on where to stay in Cape May, NJ, travelling with a 6 and 4 year old. What are fun things not to miss?

Old Feb 3rd, 2000, 06:44 PM
Jess

Annette-
The Manse is a great, beautiful bed and breakfast and is definitely kid-friendly. The food was absolutely amazing--I wish I could eat breakfasts like that every day! Good luck!!

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 03:07 AM
Joanne

Cape May has its own great website at http://www.capemay.com. It has a listing of B&Bs, restaurants, history and a calendar of events. I own a condo also that I rent out. I'm almost totally booked for this summer. If you're planning on staying for a week I would suggest booking something very soon. Wildwood is only 5 miles away. Its a great place to take the kids for a few hours.

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 05:30 AM
Chris

I'd definitely hit Wildwood & the Cape May Zoo is actually pretty good & would be fun for the kids. Other than that, there's the beach obviously.

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 09:06 AM
Joe

We used to go to Cape May in the summers and, since moving south, have been going there over President's weekend. We alternate between a great old B&B, the Queen Victoria (they also operate the Queen Hotel, where we've also stayed) and a modern suite hotel called Summer Station. The latter is on Beach Drive (facing the ocean), has a pool, and the rooms are large. With 2 kids I thnk it would be the better pick, but places are very nice.