Reload this Page >

cape cod for Italians...

Search

cape cod for Italians...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 1998, 03:05 PM
Anna

cape cod for Italians...

Which is the best way to visit Cape Cod from Boston? Should we rent a car or it is possible to visit the area by bus? We need suggestions on:
nice-but-not-so-expensive hotels (you know, the lira is quite weak in this period....)
good restaurants (we adore fish)
boat trips: do you really se the whales? Is it worth doing?
Any spot we should definitively not miss?
Thanks a lot
Anna and Francesco

Old Aug 13th, 1998, 03:29 PM
Jake

You do not say how long you will be on cape cod or what time of year. Either way, a car is most preferable as there is not really any public transportation on Cape Cod. As for FISH... it would be hard to find a restaurant that does not serve fresh fish. Whale watching is fun and takes about half a day and you usually do see whales as the boats use spotter planes to locate the whales. A do not miss location depends entirely on your taste and the time of year. However, considering your Italian connection I would guess that MARCONI station in Wellfleet would be of interest. Enjoy !

Old Aug 14th, 1998, 04:53 AM
Anna

thank you, Jake.
we will be in the area in the first week of September and we are thinking to spend in Cape Cod two or three days. Is that enough?
How much should we consider to spend for lodging and eatinig?
We like very much scenografic panorama...any suggestions?
thanks again

Old Aug 15th, 1998, 05:08 AM
Jake

Anna, The first week in Sept is a great time to be on Cape Cod. I am going to refer you to the web site that will give you all the information you need about Cape Cod to include lodging,restaurants,
activities, etc. it is:
WWW.CAPECODCONNECTION.COM
Enjoy your stay. Best wishes...Jake

Old Aug 15th, 1998, 05:30 AM
Anna

Thank you very much Jake! You've been very helpful.
Anna and Francesco

Old Aug 15th, 1998, 05:31 AM
Anna

Thank you very much Jake! You've been very helpful.
Anna and Francesco

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 07:17 AM
Heather

Anna,

I've been going to the cape since I was a kid. Sept is a good time to visit. I've gone on 3 whale trips and have seen whales each time. The trips I've taken are from Prov. Town. If you stay in Welfleet it is not far to drive. One thing I love about the cape is the relaxed atmosphere!!!