Search

Can you help find an old post re NJ?

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you help find an old post re NJ?

Hi,

A few months ago there was an active post on this forum regarding fun day trips with kids in New Jersey. Does anybody remember something in that thread that I could search on? I'm having trouble locating it with the typical keywords.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:45 PM

Was it this one?

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34548283

If so, I found it by putting day trip into the search box and selecting New Jersey to search under.

If not, do you remember any specifics of what was in it?
Old May 21st, 2005, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Hi JLM!

Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunataley, that's not the one... I also did similar searches. The one I'm looking for was about true day trips for someone living in New Jersey with a toddler and a little child. Hmmm... I'll keep searching!

Thank you so much for helping.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 03:10 PM

How about

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34599162

?
Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

JLM, you are a genius!!! How did you ever find it??? Thank you SO very much. I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Old May 24th, 2005, 03:29 AM

Glad I could help! I didn't see your second post until yesterday, but decided to try a little more searching then because I was curious. Gotta love a challenge!

First I searched toddler and Jersey and some of the other obvious ones, but then I realized I was always choosing "New Jersey" from the category box when I searched, so I unselected that and searched for jersey day trip and found that one.

I probably wouldn't have even opened it with that title except that you specifically mentioned the toddler and little child in your post.

Sounds like it's full of good ideas!
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:11 AM

I hate to plug books I had something to do with, but you might want to check out two Fodor's books (I wrote one, edited the other--but they're good anyway): Around New York City with Kids and Around Philadelphia with Kids. They're filled with good places to go with children, from the classics to unusual finds. I live in Trenton, and the places my kids have enjoyed the most aren't always the ones you'd expect. A few suggestions off the top of my head: Though I don't particularly like the amusement park (Great Adventure) at Six Flags, the Wild Safari is a hoot. You drive through while the animals roam around outside your car--the highlight is when the baboons crawl all over your car (but check for missing car parts when you're done). My kids have liked living-history parks/farms (where the kids can see potters throwing on a wheel, weavers at their loom, etc.), and you don't have to go all the way to Sturbridge. There are places in NJ like Cold Spring Village outside Cape May, so you could combine with the beach. Sesame Place and Liberty Science Center are both good. For older kids, the Grounds for Sculpture, in Hamilton, is great for scampering around, drawing, taking pictures. Have fun.