Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

can anyone get hte search function to work on this web-site?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 09:25 AM
paula

Has anyone been able to get the search function to work on this website? I want ot find some info for a weekend in Portsmouth, NH - and I don't want to sift through all the postings - but I cannot get the search function to work. I have tried it on other occasions as well, to no avail.....

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Gytha

Aah, you have the same problem as my sis had last year. Don't know why but she always had trouble with the search thingy too. She found it quicker to just scroll down and spot the item that she might want. Anyway, its a good way of striking up a conversation and much more interesting to look through all the postings!
Go on - have a go! You might get addicted (like we did) and find yourself on here almost every day!

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 09:38 AM
paula

Usually, I am here almost daily - which is why I know there are Portsmouth postings SOMEWHERE down the list!!
I don't mind reading if I have the time - this so happens to be one of those days that I don't - figures, doesn't it?

At any rate, the search will not work for me - I have seen this problem posted as an issue before - one would hope Fodor's pays attention!!!

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Christina

Sometimes the search function doesn't work at all but it has been working fairly well recently for me, I think I've used it successfully almost daily for a while. It always works better with a one word search than a phrase. IN any case, I just put in "portsmouth" in the left search box and highlighted "new hampshire" in the right box and it returned very well about 30 posts (from last 4 yrs) on Portsmouth NH (took about one minue). It is working right now.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 02:54 PM
paula

Hmm, tried that...no luck. Well, I will be patient. I have emailed Fodors - in the meantime, I will scroll away!!