Search

Camping in San Ynez

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camping in San Ynez

Hi,

We want to go camping in the San Ynez area in September. Does anyone know any campgrounds located at a winery or nearby?

Thanks,

Erica
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM

If you mean Santa Ynez, the nearest campground I know of is at Lake Cachuma on Highway 154, between Santa Ynez and Santa Barbara.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM

Also Nojoqui Falls and Jalama Beach. All within short driving distance. Lake Cachuma is the prettiest.

This site shows a Los Olivos Camp but I have never heard of it and think maybe it's a private camp?

http://losolivosca.areaguides.net/yp...ing&3397208872

You asked about Alisal on another post. It's a very nice retreat outside of Solvang in a rural setting. It has golf courses, horseback riding, fishing pond, nice restaurant and accomadations, not a camp-out by any means. We have friends who go there yearly and take their nanny to give you a clue.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 05:11 PM

None of the wineries have camping facilities in the Santa Ynez area and the other options are quite limited, as Bear900 suggests.

There is a new campground in Paso Robles called Wine Country RV Campground which is getting rave reviews! If you intention is simply to camp close to wineries (and it matters not which specific wineries you're close to) that would be your very best bet here on the central coast.

I can't tell if your priority is being in Santa Ynez specifically or just that you want to camp close to wineries.
I always want more specifics! LOL

This is a wonderful area, October is one of our nicest months and I think you'll enjoy your time no matter where you end up!
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 08:51 AM

Flying Flags RV resort & campground in Buellton. The website says they have tent sites as well as cottages. My friends stayed there for a while when their home was under construction.

http://www.flyingflags.com/

Its right near Ellen's Pancake House, where they ate most of their meals!
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Cool, thanks for all the good tips! We don't need to be right next to wineries, it's just that we'd like to show our friends from England the area.