Search

Camp Denali anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camp Denali anyone?

Has anyone been to Camp Denali? Or any of the 3 lodges at the end of the road in Denali park? We know they're expensive but if we want to splurge is this a good/fun way to do it??

Thanks!!
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 04:13 PM

Nope but the Alaska Magazine has reviewed them and given them raves. Look at what activites are offered- seems to be the highpoint of staying out there. Write a review when you return!!!!
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 04:43 PM

Hi Shiny
Yes I've been to all 3 of the lodges inside Denali and my preference is Denali Backcountry because they really cater to hiking/biking. Camp Denali is nice though. I've only stayed overnight at Kantishna Lodge and Denali Backcountry Lodge....
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input!
We'll try to remember to write a review when we return...

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 09:49 AM

Stayed at Backcountry Lodge about 4 years ago. Enjoyed it very much and would certainly go there again. Yes, it is pricey, but food is included as well as the activities. Had planned on staying at Camp Denali based on all the reviews I had seen, but at that time their programs started on specific dates and each ran for three days. (Not sure if they still operate like that.) Our schedule conflicted with the start of Camp Denali's 3 day session so we opted for Denali Backcountry Lodge which did not have restrictions on arrivals/departures.

If you do stay at one of the lodges there, I recommend at least a 3 night stay since the first day is largely taken up traversing the 90 miles into the park. That trip is an adventure in itself with numerous wildlife sightings and stops by the driver to accommodate viewing and photos.