Camelback Inn - Scottsdale, Arizona

Old Mar 12th, 1998, 12:54 PM
Madeline

Camelback Inn - Scottsdale, Arizona

Does anyone know anything about the Camelback Inn in Scottsdale, Arizona. We are planning to stay there in December. We chose this hotel based on Conde Nast magazine's recommendation. However, I've noticed that some of the other luxury hotels seem to be more popular. If anyone has stayed here I would like your opinion. Thanks.

Old Mar 25th, 1998, 04:37 PM
deb

take conde naste recommendations! we used to live right around the corner and have stayed, eaten and conventioned there on several occasions. it is actually in paradise valley, near the corner of lincoln and tatum blvd. it is a fine place. not flashy but classy! about 7 minutes from center scottsdale and 20 minutes from downtown phx.

Old Mar 25th, 1998, 07:44 PM
Karen

Camelback Inn is one of our oldest and most prestigious resorts. It is large, with beautiful grounds, pools and very fine restaurants and is located in a beautiful area, along roads that are easily driven to all parts of the valley. You did a good job in your choice. Other resorts are often mentioned...some of them are newer and more glitzy, but you will be pleased with Camelback Inn.

Old Mar 26th, 1998, 03:30 AM
marl

Great! Take time for the wonderful spa!

Old Mar 26th, 1998, 06:03 AM
Arizona

All the above are correct. Many resorts are located farther out, north on Scottsdale Road all the way to Carefree. The one you have chosen is very conveniently located to major points of interest in the Phoenix area. Just now you would not believe how beautiful the flowers are and how green the grass is. Have you considered taking a day trip north to Sedona? It's about a five-hour drive north to the Grand Canyon, too. Sedona is about half way; 120 miles. E-mail me for further details.