California weather late Oct-Nov.

Old Oct 6th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
California weather late Oct-Nov.

Im traveling to the LA area on Oct.27 and then to Sacramento and SF thru Nov.6.What will the weather be like?Thank you
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 10:52 AM

There wont be snow and temperatures will probably be between 40 and 70F. We might have some good storms, we might have fog, esspecially through the central valley, we might have crystal clear, sunny weather the entire time. Hard to tell - depends what sorts of storms develop over the ocean in the next few weeks.
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 11:00 AM

It will be colder in Sacramento than it will be 400 miles south in LA.

It will most likely be mostly sunny. Usually Halloween is dry but right after it rains.
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM

Hi justune, I live an hour south of Sacramento. I tend to wear jeans or wool slacks and a sweater at that time of the year. And loafers, boots. Closed toe footwear. If I am going to be gone all day I make sure I have a jacket with me as evenings can get chilly. I wouldn't expect any heavy rainstorms, if it does rain it should be mild rain. Well saying that who can out guess the weather patterns?

November_moon mentioned the possibility of fog in the Central Valley. If you are driving do keep that in mind and check the weather reports. At times the fog can get very thick and down to the ground although I think that usually occurs closer to Thanksgiving..am I right november_moon?

Have a wonderful, fun and safe trip!
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 11:41 AM

LOL LI my DH and a good friend have a rule about pants. No pants until Dec 1. Shows you how different people deal with the changing seasons.

Not sure that fog rolls in the valley as early as late Oct or early Nov. But then who can accurately predict weather? I chair a harvest festival yearly and we've never been rained out at teh end of Oct.
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM

Hi suzie, I love autumn/winter clothes so I wear them as soon as I can, lol. I am so sick of summer clothes. But come next spring and I will be sick of the winter clothes. I sure am enjoying our beautiful autumn weather but annoyed today as I am waiting for some business calls so I am stuck in the house. Take care!
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 03:43 PM

Yep - I can't tell you how many times we have dealt with fog over Thanksgiving weekend in the central valley. We have a lot of family in Sac and points north, so we are always going through there at holiday time.

My grandparents live up near Grass Valley, so we often have that neat experience of coming out of the fog as we gain elevation - it is like when Dorothy gets to Oz and everything is in color - LOL.
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Look on weather.com to get average temperatures for the different areas. It will definitely be warmer in LA than SF (or should be). That time of year can still be warm in LA although at night it gets pretty chilly. But we could also get a cold spell. Shouldn't have any rain yet.

Layering is your best option. You might get by with jeans and a short sleeve shirt during the day in LA and then a jacket at night. In Sacramento and SF you'd probably need more like a long sleeve/sweater during the day and jacket at night. SF will be the coldest place you visit (of course to me it's always cold!!).
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM

I think the weather changes alot between the beginning of Nov & the end of November. It can start out fine but by the end it's rained a few times and the leaves have all been blown off the trees.