Reload this Page >

California Adventure or Disneyland?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:52 AM
diane

We're going to the anaheim area and plan to spend only one day at a theme park. It will be on Weds. the 27th of March. We have a 13 year old girl, but the rest are fun-loving adults. Which park is the best choice? We've been to Disneyworld in Orlando and loved it.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Terry

Diane...there really isn't much at Cal Adventures. It can be done in a couple of hours and only has a few good rides. If it were me I'd pick Disney.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 02:35 PM
keel

KIELBASA!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Anna

Diane,

Although I much preferred California Adventure, and thought there was tons to do there, I think you should probably just stick with Disneyland. That way you'll get the full Disney experience. California Adventure is much more adult-oriented and lacks the Disneyesque feel. The only plus I might see for a 13 year old is if she loves scary rides. Disney has none but CA Adventure has two - a roller coaster and a bungee type thing. Disney's rides are quite tame and all provide pretty much the same type of ride, but the different themes make them fun nevertheless. Have fun!

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:38 PM
mt

Having been to both last year, I think the 13 year would enjoy Disneyland. More rides and things to do. I agree with the a previous post: you can see all you can see within 2 hours. I think adults like CA Adventure better. I especially enjoyed the attraction Soaring Over California! I went on it twice in one day.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:55 PM
mt

I forgot to add, the crowds may not be that bad at Disneyland on a Wednesday.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:02 AM
David

Diane,

I am 42 years old, have been to Disneyland over fifty times and still think it's the best amusement park in the world! Went there again two weeks ago and also visited California Adventure for the first time. While there is a fair amount to do at CA I agree with the poster who said that it doesn't have the "feeling" of Disneyland. Disneyland simply has a magic all its own--plus--they are currently celebrating their existence with a nightly parade featuring all the characters from throughout their history.

That said, however, be forewarned that the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and all of Bear Country are currently closed due to rennovations. IMHO though, there is still PLENTY to keep you busy in the rest of the park.

If you have the time, visit Downtown Disney for dinner after you're done with whichever park you decide to visit (it's located between the two parks, offers great shopping and restaurant choices and is open long after the park closes). If you want more specific info, please feel free to e-mail me at the above address. Hope this helps.

David

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Joe

Just returned from a three day weekend at DL/CA. There are tickets which allow you to move freely from one to the other. Start with CA; the raft trip is a hoot. Went on it several times. "Soaring" is fun as well. Bug show is not to be missed. Had enough after a couple of hours? Move over to DL. If you are the fun-loving adults we are, you will enjoy both.