Caesar's vs Venetian

Search

Caesar's vs Venetian

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caesar's vs Venetian

Going to Vegas in April to celebrate 40th birthday, and need some help picking hotel. Is the Venetian preferable to Caesar's Palace? Important items would be location, pools, elegant or opulent rooms? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
GoTravel

The Venetian has the best standard rooms in Las Vegas.

Both hotels are in a good location but my vote would be for The Venetian. Caesars is just too something or other. I can't put my finger on it.

Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 05:05 PM

My finger says .....Both are equally tacky - very Vegas .... If I had to choose I would go to the Venetian again.
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM

Venetian - breakfast at Bouchon, big rooms, nice spa.
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 06:42 PM

I would definitely choose ceasars palace. It is more centrally located on the strip. It is way more convient to walk to other hotels on the strip from there. Plus ceasars definitely has more excitement. They have a huge mall and there clubs are always happening. It just seems funner there. Though I would definitely visit the venetian. it is very beautiful, and the have a great mexican place there. The food is great and the margaritas are awesome, try the prickly pear margerita, is unbelievable.
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM

Both are nice, but my choice would be Caesars Palace. Make sure to book an upgraded room type, though. The Augustus Tower rooms are spacious and include a jacuzzi. The Palace Tower Suites (also refered to as Petite Suites) are a little older, but offer his and hers bathrooms with a glasses in shower built for two connecting the two bathrooms.
Caesars in more centrally located, but location really depends upon what you want to do.
Caesars offers a greater variety of entertainment and dining options under one roof than the Venetian does (although the Venetian isn't exactly lacking options).
As mentioned in another post, the basic rooms at the Venetian are nicer, but if you are looking for elegant and opulent rooms, your not going to be looking at the base room type anyway.
Caesars has a very nice pool complex BUT construction of the new Octavious Tower is right next to the pool and may interfere with access.

Have fun,
Mark
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a close one. I think it would come down to price for me. However, when comparing the two properties you should compare the Venetian rooms to the Augustus and Palace Tower rooms at Caesar's, as another poster mentioned. Using your criteria, I would say Caesar's edges Venetian for location and pool area. It's hard to compare rooms unless you know which towers you are considering - Venetian has the original structure and two other towers. Caesar's has at least 5 towers. You would be surprised how much rooms vary depending on the tower.