BWI Parking -- where do you go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When flying out of BWI where do you prefer to park and why? It appears there a lot of options including Fast Park which I've heard great things about but have yet to use. At this point, I know how to get to the airport and the daily parking garage.... Fast Park is located off the parkway, if I understand correctly. Any insight / info you care to share is appreciated--I was well versed in taking the MARC / Amtrak to / fro before moving here.... now I need help.
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:58 PM

I tend to use Park n' go and find that they have outstanding service. I've use Fast Park too, they are also good, and there is also Econo-park that I have yet to use. Park n' go usually has online coupons.
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I've used several different ones and they have all been fine. I just google and see who has the best deal. Also BWI has specials on their webstie. The parking fees can be the same as the off airport parking.
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:52 PM

AnnMarie-
Go to the BWI web site: http://www.bwiairport.com/en/parking...ates/parkhappy

Print off the coupon for the $9 express parking. The shuttle pulls up to your car, they help you load, give you the slip with your parking space number and take you directly to the terminal. I used this last Monday and really appreciated the terminal to parking space service in the heavy rain! It is a cheap as the off site facilities I believe and the drivers are the friendliest bunch of folks I've ever met at any of the 3 DC airports!
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:38 PM

When we fly, we're often gone for 1-2 weeks at a time. Therefore, I prefer to park at one of the airport hotels on West Nursery Drive (check out their Sleep/Park/Fly deals--we've often used the Wingate. Generally they advertise 7 days of free parking, but I've found that they'll often go 10 without charging extra, sometimes 14, especially if business is slow. Some of the other hotels offer 14 days standard.

Since we started doing this, its revolutionized our experience of early morning departures--arrive at the hotel the night before, eat at one of the nearby restaurants, take in a movie at the multiplex, use the whirlpool at the hotel, sleep well knowing that we're only 5minutes away from the terminal--they include free delivery and pickup from the terminal. Usually they have us leave the car right in front of the door so they can keep an eye on it. No muss, no fuss, and depending on the number of days that we are away, it is often cheaper than paying the cheap-o parking rates. Best part, we feel we've started our vacation as soon as we check into the hotel.
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:54 PM

I also sometimes park at the MARC/Amtrak station garage.
Old May 21st, 2009, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies--my gosh, there are even more options than I realized.

About Express Parking, I see they're offering a $9/day coupon special which is great. Where exactly is the lot? The site states exit 1A and includes a map.... as I exit the parkway and approach the airport is that the last exit to the left? I recall seeing a huge garage on the left, which I assume is Daily Garage, on the approach but that's about it--perhaps Express is an open lot and not as visible? Sorry--I am in need of a hand hold right now.
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:50 AM

Yes $9 is good except that with coupon, econopark is $6.85 and fastpark is $6.40. You can get a reserved space at both over the internet and both (park n go too) give you car to terminal service and help with luggage. They usually give you a bottle of water and a USA today as well. Park n go is at $8.40 recently. They also offer free jump starts and will even fix a flat.
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:24 AM

I regularly use Econopark because it has low rates and excellent service.
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I think all the options work just fine -- just a matter of preference and if u want to save a few $'s. I will say that the last time (summer) we planned to do the BWI Express parking, we arrived to find the lot filled. We also had a coupon for one of the off airport lots and made our way there.

Can't help with specific directions as I just follow the signs.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:32 AM
Original Poster

A reserved space? Ooooh, I like that--when DH was stationed TDY at Lakenheath we would pre-book parking at Stansted.

Thank you all for your input--you've been most helpful!
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 05:40 AM

I just looked for a coupon for the express parking and can't find one - is that promotion over?

Thanks,
Alice
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 08:08 AM

We always use Fast Park (Blue Lot--easy to find) and used them again just this week. The online coupon is good for $6.40 per day parking. They will pick you up at your vehicle right after you park, help with your bags, give you a ticket with your parking space written on it (so you don't forget where you parked during your trip), and take you right to the terminal--no more than a 5 minute drive. Upon your return, the buses to return you to the parking lot drive by the terminal every few minutes. (We waited less than 1 minute last Saturday evening at 11pm). They will drive you back right to your car and you're on your way. I think Fast Park is tops!
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Continue to hear great things about Fast Park, I'll have to give them a try one of these days. Had a coupon for the long term garage and that worked out well. Thrilled to find they have restroom facilities.

Alice, did you check the website? That's where I found the discount coupon for the garage--express parking was also offered at a discounted rate but both had expiry dates. Haven't seen anything in the paper recently either.