Reload this Page >

Buzzin' the Strip in Vegas!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 06:49 AM
JULIE BROWN

My husband and I are embarking on our fourth trip to Vegas. We are planning to take a helicopter tour of the Strip at night. I'd just like to know if any of you Fodorites have experienced this and would like to share your thoughts on the company you chose and if it was worth it. VIVA!!!!!

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 06:37 PM
jan

Hi Julie
Actually last year (October) we went to Vegas and took the helicopter ride of the strip... Honestly it was toooo quick. Before ya know it, your back landing in Vegas. Honestly, it's not worth the $50 a person. Maybe $20, not $50, but you may like it. We went at night. Beautiful view, but too short of a ride.
Have Fun!!

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 07:16 PM
Dizzy

Lotta bucks for a few minutes ride.
Have you visited the observation deck at the Stratosphere? The view from 1000 feet is pretty impressive and a whole lot cheaper. If you need more of a thrill, step outside and ride the Big Shot. Now there's an adrenaline rush of the first order, especially at night. Seated on a little plastic chair, feet hanging free, can't see anything below you except the 1300 feet of air between you and the ground. (Just don't eat right before going).

Old Aug 8th, 2000, 08:48 PM
Deanna

Julie, I was just in Vegas last week and from the 51st floor of the Rio which is where the VooDoo Lounge is located, you have a wonderful view of the city. As a matter of fact, I could see the helicopter take off and land and as the other poster stated, the trip was extremely short. So visit the VooDoo Lounge, go out on the roof deck grab a table have a drink and enjoy. It's also very romantic.
V

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 03:37 AM
Julie Brown

Thank you for the input guys. I'm staying at the Rio Deena I live it there. Your are right it is romantic. I was wondering how long the copter trips were there is only so much one can see. We will mull the idea over further thank you all again for the input!!! VIVA!!!!!

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 06:00 AM
Cathy

Julie: Just got back a few weeks ago from Vegas, and stayed at Paris. Wow! Try the Eiffel Tower. $8.00 per person, perfect 360-degree view, and very romantic at night. 50 stories up. Open air on top.

Have fun, Cathy