Busch Garden Tampa in June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What will the crowds be like at the end of June, once school gets out?
Going to BG one day and AI one day.
Thanks
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 09:22 AM

We usually avoid the park when school is out. You may see less of a crowd if it's during the week instead of a Saturday or Sunday.
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 10:38 AM

It will be very crowded and very hot, but there is a little trick that we learned when we went to Disney that worked quite well.
Arrive to the park about 45 minutes before it opens. Go on your most desired rides first and stay in the park until noon or 12:30. (By this time the park is usually packed). Go back to your hotel until about 3:45 and return about 4. As you go into the park, you'll see people pouring out of the park. We've used this strategy a couple of times and it's worked great.
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 02:21 PM

Great idea from tcapp. Or at least take a break and do a long leisure lunch fairly late and maybe the big airconditioned show mid afternoon.

By the way, am I the only one who hasn't yet figured out who or what Al is?
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 06:38 AM

Patrick...I had to think about the "AI", too. I believe it's Adventure Island.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 02:02 PM

We've been to BG 100 times (we live 20 minutes away. Someone suggested going early and then leaving around 12:30, and then going back. That doesn't work real well unless you make sure they are going to be open late, they always used to close around 7:00 but have started extending hours last year. It will be crowded and HOT but alot of people wear bathing suits or light clothing because there are rides you can cool off in. Definitely go early and ride your favorite rides first before the lines get long. I agree with the one suggestion to take a long leisurely lunch, some places have a show while you eat. I find we get the most tired and annoyed because we crisscross back and forth too much across the park. Luckily they have lots of shade, but you will still get sunburned. We always feel the most satisfied if we spend the end of the day strolling and checking out all of the animals.
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 09:03 AM

dixiegirl brings up a good point about wearing swim suits. I remember a post from someone who complained they got wet on a ride and had to buy a tee-shirt. They thought it was a plow by BG to make money. But the rides are very water-oriented. Don't go if you don't want to get wet. That's the draw.

There is a ride called the Tidal Wave. You fall many feet down a water ramp in a car that then splashes people who have departed from the ride who are standing on a platform waiting for "the big one". It's a riot. It's more fun than the ride itself.