Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Bus from Bellevue to Seattle? and is Bellevue Club Hotel nice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear that there is a non-stop bus from Bellevue to Seattle. Is this true? If so, how much does it cost and how long does it take to get between the two?

I am thinking of staying at the Bellevue Club Hotel. Is it nice? or are there better hotels in Bellevue or Redmond? (I have to go to Redmond for business).
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 07:38 PM

Yes, there are (mostly) non-stop buses from Bellevue to Seattle from the Bellevue Transit center on 4th and 108th in downtown Bellevue-- the 550 runs to downtown seattle, the 271 goes to the U district... if you go to Metro's web site http://transit.metrokc.gov/
you should be able to map a route that works for you.

The Bellevue Club is very nice (I've played tennis there and the sports facilities are excellent), but IMO the Woodmark at Carallion Point in Kirkland, right on Lake Washington, is much nicer and really captures the Northwest feeling much better. However, without a car, Bellevue Club might work better for you as I believe they have a courtesy van and are located closer to public transportation and the center of town (Bellevue).
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 06:26 AM

There's a Hyatt directly in the center of downtown Bellevue that's only a block from where the bus to Seattle stops and also within a block of several restaurants.

If you stay at the Bellevue Club, you'd need to take the route 560 to the Bellevue Park and Ride(about a 3-5 minute ride) and then transfer to the route 550 to downtown Seattle. From there, the 550 is scheduled to get into Seattle in 20 minutes, but that depends on traffic. Once downtown, the 550 runs in the Seattle bus tunnel, so it doesn't encounter any traffic through Seattle.

The 550 is not non-stop, but it is an express route. If you catch it in downtown Bellevue, there are about 8 stops between there and Seattle. From the Bellevue P&R, there's only one stop in between.

The fare is $2.00. Simply pay that amount to the 560 driver and ask for a two zone transfer, then show that to the 550 driver when you board.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 08:19 AM
DB

Go to the following website, and you can figure it out for yourself:

http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 09:45 AM

I put the trip in Metro's planner and it came up with the exact info that I gave, except it got the fares wrong.
Old May 9th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Cassandra

Kostroma -- I tried to figure out from the Acrobat maps for 550 where it stops downtown but a bit fuzzy. Where is the Hyatt, where is the stop, and is the Sheraton and Towers anywhere near there?

Old May 9th, 2003, 08:56 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Too many Hyatts...

The Bellevue Hyatt is at the corner of NE 8th St. and Bellevue Way (aka 104th Avenue NE) in Bellevue. The Bellevue Square mega-mall is across the street. The Bellevue transit center is a couple of easy blocks.

The Sheraton (Seattle, I presume) is at the corner of 6th and Pike in downtown Seattle. If the 550 bus goes into the bus tunnel, you'll want to get off at the Westlake station, come up to the surface (into the Nordstrom flagship store if you want, BTW), and walk 2 blocks up Pike or Pine (either) to the Sheraton.

For what it's worth, people have been hitting the Bellevue Hyatt on Priceline for under $30 a night, which is an amazing deal on this very, very nice hotel. See www.biddingfortravel.com for pointers on PL bidding.
Old May 9th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Cassandra

Thanks, Gardyloo (still love your name, know the reference). Since Kostroma said the Sheraton (downtown Seattle) was right at the stop for the 550, it was that Sheraton I was referring to.

Thanks also for heads-up on Bellevue Hyatt/Priceline -- will keep it in mind.

Old May 9th, 2003, 11:10 AM

This is my third attempt at replying. I hope it goes through this time.

The 550 does stop at the Bellevue Transit Center, but you don't need to go there from the Bellevue Hyatt to catch it. As gardyloo said, the Hyatt is located at Bellevue Way and NE 8th. The 550 stops on NE 10th at Bellevue Way, only a block north of the hotel. I'm sure that someone at the hotel front desk would be able to point you in the direction of NE 10th St. The bus stop is right by the Blockbuster video store, so you can use that as a landmark.

Gardyloo is spot on about the downtown Seattle info. The Westlake tunnel stop puts you off a couple of blocks from the Sheraton. Be advised that if you take the 550 to or from DT Seattle after 7PM Monday-Saturday or all day on a Sunday that the bus runs on 3rd Avenue in Seattle because the tunnel is closed during those times.