Search

Buffets in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Ryan

Buffets in Vegas

First time going to Vegas. How is the Bellagio buffet in Vegas? Have heard lots about it, but it seems quite pricey. Is it worth the price?

Also, There's a place in Vegas that is famous for its foot long hot dogs. Anyone know which place it is? Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 01:34 PM
lynn

Hi Ryan -

In Vegas, lots of people have famous footlong hotdogs so it's hard to say which one it is.

As for Bellagio buffet, it's quite good. We usually go for weekend brunch and are very happy with it. They have freshly made gourmet pizza that's excellent. They'll even ask you what you would like if they see you looking and don't find one you want. Very fresh.

The Paris buffet is also pretty good. I would choose either one depending on what food items I wanted the most.

If you like seafood, try the Village Seafood Buffet at Rio. But don't go to the World Buffet at Rio; it used to be great but has gone way downhill over the last couple of years.

If you'd like a nice sit down meal in a casual/elegant atmosphere try the Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris. The bread, escargot, chocolate mousse and creme brulee are to die for. The steaks aren't the best in the world but they're decent and served with very good sauces. Get a seat on the patio and watch the Bellagio fountains while you eat, very nice way to kill a couple of hours.

Happy Eating!

Lynn

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 02:00 PM
xxxx

The Grand Buffet at the Rio is still pretty good for the price. Lots of different food stations for $14 per person. Good desert bar, so save room.

Definitely skip the prime rib buffet at the Tropicana. Alot of cold food and they skimp on the amount of prime beef, making you go back several times.

There's a Mexican restaurant at the Venetian that offers seating right along their indoor canal. We were able to have a few tacos (pretty tasty) and watch the gondolas go by and were serenaded by the singers. Even got to see a wedding being performed on one of the gondolas.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 03:01 PM
annemarie

We enjoyed the buffet at Caesars and Mandalay Bay.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Jeanette

Ryan, My boss just got back from Vegas on Tuesday and raved about the Flamingo seafood buffet. Also said that the show "Skintight" was best she had seen for the price.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 08:12 PM
James

My $0.02.

We were in Vegas for four days in January. Four days, did three buffets. Rio Seafood buffet, $26, very good. Paris lunch buffet, around $14, huge selection, food seemed pretty average. Mandalay Bay lunch buffet, around $10, *very* good. Overall the Mandalay was the best food/value. Enjoy.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 10:22 PM
xxx

make sure to avoid the MGM buffet. Way over priced for cafeteria food.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:53 PM
Yvonne

HUGE HOTDOGS AT SLOTS OF FUN. CHEAP TOO!!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:28 PM
Amita

Avoid the buffet at Caesar's - the least amount of food of all the ones I tried and it was pretty expensive. The Stratosphere's food was pretty mediocre. I enjoyed the Luxor's buffet, and it was fun eating at the Bellagio just so I could say I'd done it. BTW, food was very good there; I'm sure it would be worth it if you ate enough!

To be honest, the best meal I had in Vegas was at a restaurant called La Provencale or something at the Paris.