Budget Places to Stay in LA

Feb 24th, 2000, 12:46 PM
maria

Budget Places to Stay in LA

Hotel del Capri, in Westwood, very close to UCLA, includes continental breakfast, pool, nice patio area, on Wilshire Blvd and close to the Getty Museum (1 exit on freeway).

Feb 25th, 2000, 09:51 AM
maria

just trying to bring this to the top to get you more response!

Feb 25th, 2000, 09:59 AM
addie

Our forums are a place for travelers to talk to travelers -- you can ask questions, get advice, or share great stories from your trips. But please, no rudeness and NO ADVERTISING

Feb 25th, 2000, 10:42 AM
daredevil

Hey forum participants:
Go to tycobb.com and see who Maria works for. She's been pushing several L.A. are venues on this forum--and she might just get paid for some of them . . . .

Feb 26th, 2000, 01:03 PM
maria

Hey guys,

I had no idea people actually paid serious attention to all my miscellaneous suggestions...I am a 45 year old housewife from Wisconsin who loves to travel...have enjoyed Chicago a lot since it is close to where we live. I also take a trip every year with my mom and 5 sisters for 14 years and we have enjoyed lots of places like LA (this november), Key West, Santa Fe, NYC and other places. I have also lived and travelled in Spain and you may see postings on the Europe forum about that. As for actually making money from this, I am flattered and only in my dreams would this turn into a living. My husband is a big baseball fan (that explains the tycobb e-mail address) we have 4 kids and one chinchilla and apparently only the people on the Fodor's forums think my ideas are worthwhile as my teenagers sure don't!!! Thanks for the good laugh...Maria

Feb 26th, 2000, 01:42 PM
Addie

Sorry!

Feb 26th, 2000, 01:52 PM
maria

Addie and Crossfire,

I am fascinated to find out who exactly you think I work for since my postings on the forums are as disparate as my travels and life interests? Also, I am such a techno-loser when it comes to cyberspace, how do you find out who has posted what on this forum so you can actually decide that somebody is "suspicious" and deserves further investigation? Oh, I forgot to mention, that while we were staying at the Hotel del Capri in Los Angeles there was a fairly big earthquake but I had deliberately picked the hotel because it was only 2 stories high (us midwestern hayseeds are oh so practical and nervous!) so while the pool was sloshing around like a couple of orcas had just jumped in, we were not being crushed under 20 floors of concrete!!! So, I guess in addition to being paid handsomely for recommending the Capri for being in our budget and nice, I should be paid extra for the safety features I am extolling! Maria

Search this Thread