Reload this Page >

Broadway Joe steak house

Search

Broadway Joe steak house

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2004, 06:05 AM
bergers4

Broadway Joe steak house

We will be in NYC in july and really would like to go to "Broadway Joe rest. " is there anyone that ever ate there? What can you tell us about the food/prices? Also looking for info on New York City pass, is it worth the money? Thank you Rose

Old Apr 17th, 2004, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never eaten there at the recommendations of various people. Here's the way I look at it. It's impossible to pick up a Broadway Playbill, any kind of tourist magazine, or go to any discount restaurant website and NOT see Broadway Joe's offering deals and coupons. If it is even decent (not necessarily good), after years and years of being in business, why do they still need to offer everybody who goes there some sort of special to get them into the doors? That should tell you something. My guess is the reason you are asking is because you've seen some such coupon or "deal", right?
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 06:39 AM

I agree with Patrick. I have never eaten there, but passed it many times. There are many more interesting (and more inexpensive) restaurants on the same block.
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 07:14 AM

Are you thinking of the NYC Pass that is $49 for over 40 attractions? If you are make sure you understand that particular pass is only good for 1 day - you would have to cover a lot of ground to make it "worth it". If you are thinking of the City Pass that is $8 for 6 attractions, that could be a very good deal if you are planning on visiting several of those sites as the pass is good for 9 days from the time you start to use it; compare actual cost versus the cost of the pass and see if it is for you http://citypass.net/cgi-bin/citypass...g=ny&rand=6127

I think Patrick & Kathy have advised you well on Broadway Joe's.
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 12:57 PM
bergers4

Ok, where is the better places to eat on Rest. Row? We did see coupons for Broadway joes. we wanted to go to a place that is a little bit nicer, but not tooo fancy. Also where do we get the city pass for $6- $8 ? sounds moere like what we are looking for. Thank you so much for the help Rose

Old Apr 17th, 2004, 01:32 PM

Oh My Gosh - I am SO SORRY - that was a HUGE typo on my part. My post should have read: There is a City Pass that is $48 for 6 attractions, that could be a very good deal if you are planning on visiting several of those sites as the pass is good for 9 days from the time you start to use it; compare actual cost versus the cost of the pass and see if it is for you http://citypass.net/cgi-bin/citypass...g=ny&rand=6127

You can buy that pass at any of the six attractions or from the link I posted in the above paragraph, but there are extra fees if ordered on line, so I would wait until you got there.

The attractions that are included in the $48 ($34 ages 6-17) pass are:
- American Museum of Natural History
- Guggenheim Museum
- The Museum of Modern Art
- Intrepid Sea Air Space Museum
- Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
- Empire State Building Observatory & NY SkyRide
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 01:38 PM

You have several better choices on the block:
Joe Allen's ($20-30 per person)
Becco ($30-40)
Orso ($50-60)
Lattanzi ($50-60)
Plus, a host of others in the area.
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 01:39 PM

For good food that won't break the bank, Joe Allen's, on rest row (everything from burgers, chili, salads to full meals). The Hourglass Tavern was good but it may be closed. It's not listed in my latest Zagats. Anybody know? Becco has a $21.95 all you can eat pasta dinner. On 8th ave & 47th is Jack Rose-reasonably priced.

For coupons/specials look at the website restaurantassociates.com They own a number of good restos & often have special offers.