Search

Bro trip resort?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bro trip resort?

Looking to take my cousin on a "bro trip" to a beach resort with a upbeat/cruise atmosphere.
We went on a carnival cruise last year and looking at maybe a resort alternative if one exist.

A awesome pool area with tiki bar would be nice, looking to relax but still be in a resort that has things going on,
maybe do some fishing, hit the beach, get way to drunk one night only to find our selfs on youtube singing horrible karaoke
a few months later, lol...

Thanks in advance..
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 11:22 AM

For 30 years, the Clevelander South Beach on Ocean Drive was the place.... right across the Beach, with its pool, bar and rowdy party atmosphere, spring break was loud and fun.... maybe someone who has been there lately can post an update...

the entire area is fun to be around, with bars, restaurants, and clubs... have fun...
Old Aug 26th, 2019, 03:21 PM

Consider Sanibel Island or the Florida Keys. Key West is party central, if your budget can afford it and you want a classy nice place, look at Hawk's Cay in the Mid-Keys. Sannibel is very laid back and has great beaches, but also has places to party.

Good luck.
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 10:45 AM

Key West, South Beach and Fort Lauderdale all have party destinations. I don't know that any are at a resort.
Key West has great resort locations in walking distance to fun places and events. I don't recommend you stay in the middle Keys and drive more than an hour after dark after partying. Also remember, Key West has great pools but minimal beach.
South Beach and Lauderdale both have great beaches and great party bars. Again, I don't think in a resort. plenty of hotels in all price ranges in the neighborhood.
Sanibel is a great place, but not what you are looking for.
Clearwater is a beautiful beach with good beach hotels and at times is a happening destination. I would argue spring break and peak summer to have the action you are hoping for.
The panhandle is also a popular spring break destination. Sometimes spring weather is not so tropical that far north, but you won't be alone looking for fun.
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 01:49 PM

Shepard's Beach Resort on Clearwater Beach is exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.shephards.com

Last edited by gmoney; Sep 11th, 2019 at 01:54 PM.