Reload this Page >

Breckenridge Ski Report

Search

Breckenridge Ski Report

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Tracey

Breckenridge Ski Report

I don't have much to report, but if anyone needs info on the ski resorts, you can email me directly. I left out of Newark on Continental 3/16 to Denver with no problems. They have a new movie policy which is about time. You can use your own headsets or buy ones for $2 that are yours to keep and use on future flights. We rented a mini van from National to take the 6 of us to the mountains. We fit everyone comfortably for the 2 hour ride. We all stayed at a friends house, that she rents out during the year. The house was beautiful with 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 8 person hot tub, heated floors, and the kitchen would make any cook smile! If you want check out the website: http://www.vrbo.com/vrbo/10441.htm . Since we had such a beautiful house, we hardly ventured out, except for skiing. We stayed local for a few days at Breckenridge utilizing the shuttle system they have. It runs 2x an hour, and the drivers are very friendly. The mountains were not crowded and the snow was great. We had two nights of fresh powder which helped a lot. The temps were perfect. It started out in the low 30s and the week ended with it reaching in the 50s! We also headed to Vail, Copper, and Keystone for a day of skiing. These are all great places and the furthest one took only 45 minutes. A friend and I took a day off skiing and went to the Blue Sage Spa in Breckenridge. This was truly heaven! They had a half day package which rejuvenated us and made the altitude symptoms go away, if only for a day.
Please be advised we all got altitude sickness. My husband and I even took Ginkgo Biloba for a week before, but it didn't help. Symptoms included: headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, sinus inflammation and inability to drink more than 2 beers in one sitting. These symptoms improved over the week, but I rather enjoyed the good beer buzz.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Pat

Tracey: I can't seem to find the web site - can you check the address, again, please?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Jayelle

Thanks for the trip report. I'll be heading to Breckenridge next week.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Sally

Tracy - Can you tell me more about the spa? Prices? Services? Thanks.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Jean-Marc

Hi Tracey. Sounds like you had a good time. I will be arriving in Keystone on Monday afternoon and hopefully get into some night skiing. A flashback of skiing in the midwest. Thanks for the report. JM

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Tracey

Pat- try the url again. It's http://www.vrbo.com/vrbo/10441.htm
-it worked for me.
Sally- the spa was great, but expensive. The package deal we got was $250pp and included 1 hour massage, facial, sinus massage, paraffin pedicure, mud wrap (or any kind of wrap) and lotion application. It was wonderful! They also have single treatments, I think a 1-hour massage was $75; the sinus massage was $30. I can’t find the booklet I took, if I do, I’ll post more info for you. If you have the chance-go!
Jayelle and Jean-Marc- Have a great time!!