Reload this Page >

Breakfast Midtown West NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Steve

Oh great - forgot to put NYC in the title of my post, so here we go again! - sorry for the duplicate question.

Message: Hi! I'll be in NYC next week, staying at the Grand Hyatt (priceline of course!) I will want to go out each morning to have a quick breakfast (I think I would like to avoid the hotel restaurant) I'm sure there are many places near the hotel, but - do you recommend I head toward Lexington, etc. or should I head west instead? Just need a coffee & bagel NO MC DONALD'S! Thanks!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Statia

If you're only looking for something simple ("coffee and bagel", etc.), then you will see lots of places on every block in NYC. Don't fret. Just start walking and pop in somewhere.

Enjoy your trip!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Howard

Just walk right next door into Grand Central Station and you'll have a choice of dining spots in the lower level.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Steve

Statia: - I'm not "fretting' I would just like a little information, please. Do you have a recommendation?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Howard

PS: The Grand Hyatt is on the east side, not the west!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Steve

Howard - thanks for the info - Grand Central sound like it will be perfect for what I need, and a great building too!

I think you misunderstood me - I asked if I should head toward Lex or GO west -(meaning walk in the other direction) I didn't say I was staying on the Westside! Thanks again for your help.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:51 PM
annie

Steve:
I can't give you any specific places to eat as I work on the West Side but there are so many great places in that areas, you'll have a tough time choosing. Try the streets around the area to not just the avenues. Some great places tucked away on those streets.. Have a great time!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Statia

Steve:

Sorry...I did not mean to imply that you WERE fretting. I just meant that I had breakfast over the past two weeks at lots of places such as what you are referring to, since they were on every block. Unfortunately, I always seem to be in such a hurry in NYC that I often fail to note the names of any of them.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but post back if you find something really interesting. I'd love to make a note future trips.

Enjoy your stay in the Big Apple!