Search

Breakfast in DC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 07:23 AM
Hans

Breakfast in DC

I'd appreciate any recommendations for good simple breakfasts in DC, primarily in the Dupont Circle area. I know lots of facncy places (Mayflower, brunch at Gabriel) but how about some bacon and egg kind of places for a family.

Thanks in advance

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:31 AM
lisa

My favorite inexpensive breakfast place in Dupont Circle (there aren't many!) is Luna Cafe on P St near 17th. Pricier but with good food and fun atmosphere is Kramerbooks & Afterwords -- a bookstore with a cafe in the back. Brunches on Sat. & Sun. run around $13-ish but include your choice of entree (which change every week -- it might be crabmeat omelets, juevos rancheros, french toast, etc.), plus miniature muffins and (1) juice or mimosa or bloody mary, and (2) hot beverage -- lattes, cappucinos, coffee, tea. Also, if you are willing to walk up to Adams Morgan, there is a new place called "Diner" on 18th St. near the top of the hill, which is just what it says -- a funky new diner with eggs, pancakes, french toast, etc. On the way up there, there is another place on the other side of 18th St. around U Street that I think is called Duplex which is a similar diner-style place.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:32 AM
lisa

My favorite inexpensive breakfast place in Dupont Circle (there aren't many!) is Luna Cafe on P St near 17th. Pricier but with good food and fun atmosphere is Kramerbooks & Afterwords -- a bookstore with a cafe in the back. Brunches on Sat. & Sun. run around $13-ish but include your choice of entree (which change every week -- it might be crabmeat omelets, juevos rancheros, french toast, etc.), plus miniature muffins and (1) juice or mimosa or bloody mary, and (2) hot beverage -- lattes, cappucinos, coffee, tea. Also, if you are willing to walk up to Adams Morgan, there is a new place called "Diner" on 18th St. near the top of the hill, which is just what it says -- a funky new diner with eggs, pancakes, french toast, etc. On the way up there, there is another place on the other side of 18th St. around U Street that I think is called Duplex which is a similar diner-style place.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:54 AM
L

Why not go online and access Zagats - and look at their index in the back. And their contents up front. Free. Or better yet, buy the book. That way you'll have address, hours, telephone, costs, and pssibly what others have said about it.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 02:37 PM
kam

There used to be a little 24 hours bistro in Georgetown called Au Pied de Cochon that was great for breakfast. Also like Martin's Tavern in Georgetown for good priced brunch with family. If your kids are teen agers, take them to the Tombs at the 1789 in Georgetown for great hamburgers and a taste of college life.