Reload this Page >

BRANSON.DOES ANYONE GO THERE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Betty

Third request....Does anyone know the colsest airport to BRANSON?? What's the weather like in November.? Coming in from No Carolina, is it worth the drive?? How about a little HELP

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 09:43 AM
Marilyn

The closest airport is Springfield, Mo. (SGF) Yes, thousands go there every week. If you like crafts, antiques, and shows you will love it. Also a couple of outlet malls. If not, you won't. Why son't you contact their Chamber of Commerce and get more info on what is happening when you want to go. The also have Silver Dollar City and other amusement type parks.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Bill

My wife and I were in Branson last weekend. Had a great time. We took in the Shoji Tabuchi ?? show and Silver Dollar City. Shoji puts on a show equal to or better than Hollywood or Vegas. Quite expensive however And my grand-son-inlaw works for Tobuchi. That show is well worth the money. I hear it is the largest production in Branson. If you can try to make it in October because of the Fall colors.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 07:16 PM
Sandi

Betty,

I go to Branson a couple times a year, live about three hours away. My favorite time to go is at Christmas time. Specifically, Silver Dollar City. It is the only major amusement park, aside from White Water, which is owned by Silver Dollar City. I believe the Ozark Mountain Christmas festival starts the second weekend in November (a little early, I know). Springfield is about 30-40 minutes north of Branson, but don't know what airlines could get you there. Might be cheaper to fly to St. Louis and rent a car. The drive from St. Louis to Branson is about 3 hours.

Weather in November can be very mild at 60 or so, or cold in the 30's. Be prepared for anything. Hope this helps. E-mail me if I can answer any other questions for you.

Sandi

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 09:50 PM
Cali

We flew into Kansas City and then rented a car and went down to Branson. Worked out fine!!